feeling guilty, help!

Old 01-28-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling guilty, help!

Need to get some advice. My husband has recently relapsed and created an issue in which I had to arrest him and get a court restraining order against him to protect me and my kids. He ended up losing his job but discovered he was able to get a second chance to prove himself and stay sober. He went back to where we used to live for 2 weeks for a trial sessionwith work. Every year we went to a families house for super bowl. Well now he is not invited. Why do I feel bad about this? He's trying right now to stay sober and work nut I guess I can't make our friends forgive him, can I?
Old 01-28-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Pretty sure there will be a very nice AA meeting / souper bowl game for him to go to somewhere.

Good folks staying sober together.

That is how it works.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am a bit confused from your post. He was arrested, has a restraining order, he can't see you or his kids, he is on a "last chance" agreement of sorts or he will lose his job.
I can't wrap my head around any concern over where we are watching the Super Bowl. Seems his plate is quite full. Good luck.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The kids and I are not going. We live in a different state now. I see the confusion. His plate IS full no doubt. Just feel bad he has burned through so many of his friendships which used to be "our" friendships.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by iwanthappiness View Post
The kids and I are not going. We live in a different state now. I see the confusion. His plate IS full no doubt. Just feel bad he has burned through so many of his friendships which used to be "our" friendships.
Welcome to Alcoholism.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sorry. Very sorry.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

English Garden said it best on another thread last night...you cannot feel guilt over something you did not do wrong. He made choices which had consequences. Sad reality. Dont take that on.