Need to talk to someone about cooking meth

Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Need to talk to someone about cooking meth

Ok,
So for those of you who don't know me. I left my AH over 9 months ago. I am just now getting divorced 2/3. It has taken 9 long months of court hearings. We owned a business. I had suspected at a point about a year ago that he was "cooking"
Annyyywwaayy, becuase he has not complied with court orders and supplied our itemized books for the business. I am forced to do my best in sorting it out. I noticed that there were some "unusual" purchases. There were 2 purchases for over $300 in a weeks time.
I know that it takes cold medicine to cook meth. Does anyone know if it is possible to purchase that much in over the counter meds? I know there are laws about how much you can buy at a time. But really, why else would you spend that much at walgreens? I can tell you walgreens has NOTHING to do with the industry our business is in.....
TIA
Blueholly
Old 01-28-2014, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If it was all from the same store, I doubt it was all Sudafed. Here I have to go to the prescription counter, fill out a form, and provide ID to get it. They'd question a quantity of that size I would think. And because they track it, I think it would alert them somehow even if it was sequential purchases on different days. But really I don't know how all of that works other than it's kind of a pain to get any if I'm stuffed up!!!

Hope all goes smoothly as you head toward a more stable, less chaotic future!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-28-2014, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Holly, I buy allergy meds every month. I have to show my license and sign to pick them up. The government keeps track of all purchases. The system does not allow you to exceed the regulated amount.

Was his purchase charged or paid in cash? If charged, maybe he sold whatever he bought for cash?
Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There are so many recipes to make meth out there and the supply list can be very long. Remove the otc meds needed.
The other supplies needed and other chemicals, and ways to make the chemicals like anhydrous ammonia with other chemicals that yes in essence you could spend a lot of cash in a store that stocks a bit of everything, like a Walgreens…so between gloves and coffee filters and measuring cups and ock salt and iodine and rubbing alcohol and drano and small propane tanks, lithium batteries and antifreeze…well surely you get the picture.

You could ask him what he brought if you are speaking to him, but does it matter. If you suspect he was cooking and you don’t use Walgreens for your business at all then they most likely aren’t business expenses…it could be anything, he was stocking a lab or brought stuff on credit and sold for cash, or even more feasible offered to pay for someone’s stuff in store on credit and then get the cash from them. Hell he could have even paid for someone's prescription and then sold the pills to get cash...
Old 01-28-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have no idea but want to say how happy I am that you got away from him. Just last week in the town I live a cook blew up his own house. A child was killed, the cook of course lived. How awful.

Do you have children with him? If so I hope you do not allow them to go over there! The police take meth cooks very seriously. Please report this if you have to keep you or your children safe if this applies.

Good Luck and God Bless.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hopeful
If only you knew what I have been through with this judge..... My AH admitted to using on the stand, in court, had a dirty drug test, and has not complied with any of the rehab counseling ect.... from the court ordered evaluation. Was just back to court for about the 6th time in dec. and judge completely ignored the dirty drug test. He has unsupervised visitation. I am convinced that the judge is quite possiblly a customer of my AH.... If you know what I mean.

I will be writing a book about the BS that goes on in the corrupt justice system and small town politics when it comes to the drug world. In my town everyone turns there head. Cuz, we just can't bust a "good 'ol boy" like my AH!! I can't wait till this divorce is final! Cuz I will be SCREAMIN!! Mark my words.....
Old 01-28-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueholly View Post
Hopeful
If only you knew what I have been through with this judge..... My AH admitted to using on the stand, in court, had a dirty drug test, and has not complied with any of the rehab counseling ect.... from the court ordered evaluation. Was just back to court for about the 6th time in dec. and judge completely ignored the dirty drug test. He has unsupervised visitation. I am convinced that the judge is quite possiblly a customer of my AH.... If you know what I mean.

I will be writing a book about the BS that goes on in the corrupt justice system and small town politics when it comes to the drug world. In my town everyone turns there head. Cuz, we just can't bust a "good 'ol boy" like my AH!! I can't wait till this divorce is final! Cuz I will be SCREAMIN!! Mark my words.....
I remember the feeling of liberation when I divorced my XAH. I worked in a very large open floored office with about 100 people. When my divorce was final.....they gave me a standing ovation.

I knew my life would be better without my XAH in it.....and I was right.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 01-29-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Grief! I am so sorry.
Do you have any recourse at all? What does your attorney say about this? It certainly sounds like he has some sort of in with this judge. Wow.

I hope you get that divorce and soon!

Hopeful

Old 01-31-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

blueholly;

I am so sorry you are going through this, my daughter got busted for cooking meth so I know how rough this is, the suspicion and unable to get assistance from the authorities is a sense of hopelessness I never experienced before.
I am more concerned about the kids, when you mentioned unsupervised visitation I am assuming there are kids. When the state finally stepped in and took my granddaughter from her mother they tested her for meth. She was 2 yrs old at the time and tested positive. If he is cooking they can be picking up contamination just being around him even if he doesn't cook in his house. They did a hair follicle test on my granddaughter and assume the contamination occurred from her laying on the same blankets and even snuggling with my daughter.
That would open up a whole new set of legal issues for you should anything happen that required the child(ren) to be tested, even emergency medical attention could be enough. Ask your lawyer about this and the possibility of having them tested, with his dirty tests on record it could prevent him from having unsupervised visitation.
I hope the divorce is granted soon :hug and that this ends well for you. Thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I noticed that there were some "unusual" purchases. There were 2 purchases for over $300 in a weeks time.
I don't think that you will ever know for sure
and
to tell you the truth
since your marriage is over it doesn't matter much at this point
best to cut all loses and move on with our new life ASAP

Mountainman