Amends

Old 01-21-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Amends

Hi, I haven't posted for a while but just wanted to share. I got an amends from my RA tonight and it really touched me. It came out of the blue. He has cut back on the number of meetings he attends but went to the local one tonight, he wasn't going to go but at the last minute went.

When he returned I had been searching for something in my bedside locker and had found a small material heart that I had bought to decorate a present and never used. I had left it on his pillow and said I just thought you could use that today, he had seemed a little down. He was so happy and I was laughing cause it was such a little thing. Then he said to me 'I was thinking about your heart at the meeting and how I have damaged it and I hope you feel safer with me now and know I will mind you and your heart and I'm sorry'

He is just over 1 year sober and a year ago I could not have imagined he would admit that or say that. Hell two weeks ago I would not have imagined that.

I have posted here in despair in the past, and I may again, but for tonight I feel my pain was acknowledged. I'll take that. I hope it may give hope to someone living with a partner in early recovery. I would happily give away those awful early days of recovery. But for tonight there is hope.

Thanks to all those who were here for me on dark nights.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Dublin, that's lovely, I'm so pleased for you both, the future looks bright, ahead x
Old 01-21-2014, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Good Stuff.

THANK YOU for posting.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That us just the sweetest thing. It sounds so sincere, heartfelt. I'm feeling a but misty.