What fun!

Old 06-19-2004, 03:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
It's a Puggle!

What fun!

I went riding last night. I almost backed out at the last minute. You all know the usual reasons, I have to much to get done, the kids will be home, H will probably find some reason to get irritated by my having the smallest bit of fun and ruin it, I am REALLY nervous about getting on a horse, yada, yada, yada...but I toughed it out and guess what? The roof didn't cave in, I didn't get thrown off, and for the really big one--my H called me from work and asked if I had a good time, right away I thought here we go, he's going to find some way to make me not want to do this anymore. I said ya know, I think I had a good time. Do you know what he said?? "Good, I'm really glad that you did." And that was it, none of the usual little digs, just an I love you and I'll see ya in the morning. I CANNOT believe the changes in how he acts with just a few minor changes in how I re-act to things. It's just blowing me away!

Hugs,
Paula
Old 06-19-2004, 05:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

All we need is the smallest bit of postive reinforcement to the changes we are making and off we go!!! That is what makes this so simple. Someone has to change....does it really matter who goes first?

I am happy for you!
JT
Old 06-19-2004, 05:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What JT said.
And to misquote Springsteen a little...
"From small things baby, big things one day come."
Glad to hear your good news Paula.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thankyou for your testamony Paula. It helps me to see the program working in others. I push harder to help myself every time I do.