i just need to share - - - -

Old 06-17-2004, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

i just need to share - - - -

My husband + I met at an AA meeting. We spent ALOT of time together for 2 weeks and then his sponsor told him that he couldn't date me cuz he didn't have a year sober.
I was really bummed out cuz I liked him alot but I just went to a ton of meetings and worked to get over it - i mean, I'd only known him 2 wks!

One nite about a week later, I was coming home from a meeting and I saw him sitting on the front step of my building. Holding a VERY wilted rose. He'd been sitting there in the godawful heat + humidity for 4 hours, waiting for me. He handed me the sad little rose and said "I really want to give *us* a chance, see if this can go anywhere."

And we've always used that date as our anniversary date.

We've had bad times - more than our fair share it feels like at times. But - the GOOD times have been SO GOOD! Also more than our fair share we'd think. All in all, the good FAR out-weighs the bad. Together we have always believed that we can DO anything, get THRU anything - TOGETHER, we are a *Team*. We worked hard at that and were proud of it. Some how, that got broken in this last year. My fault, his fault, HP's fault, whatever - doesn't matter really does it? It's broken and all I can do is work on ME, work on my part of it. And pray he makes it back alive - just this one more time.

Tomorrow, he will have been *poofed* for 1 month. No one knows where he is, if he's ok, if he's dead.

Tomorrow is our 12 year anniversary. I still have the rose.

Tonight, I still believe.

Blue
Old 06-17-2004, 11:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Tonight, I still believe

and tonight I am praying for you both.

I am walking proof that God changes hearts and in doing so does heal marriages. Separated for a bit of time but have mended things that needed be mended. His love changes lives.
May His love, peace, comfort, and grace fill your life... heart mind and soul.

The peace that transends all understanding... may your day be filled with the warmth and comfort of that deepest of peace.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello BlueMoon!

You just keep on believing!!! Your faith will get you through......

Praying for the two of you,
matters
Old 06-18-2004, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

BlueMoon: that is so beautiful and so romatic and so sad.....can't even imagine how scared and sad you must be today....I am praying for you and for him and for both of you together....God Bless

freya
Old 06-18-2004, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Blue,
You braught tears to my eys, made me think of how my H and I started dateing. Hold on to your faith. My prayers are with you both.
jstacntryrose
Old 06-18-2004, 11:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

(((Blue)))
I hope and pray that he is ok. I hope you are spending time with people who can give you real hugs. Love and support, Magic
Old 06-18-2004, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((((((((((((((((BLUEMOON)))))))))))))))))))))))) ))

Ngaire
Old 06-18-2004, 09:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
once in a . . .

"I am walking proof that God changes hearts and in doing so does heal marriages. Separated for a bit of time but have mended things that needed be mended. His love changes lives."

It's really good to hear that someone else (+ their marriage) got thru something like this!!

"The peace that transends all understanding... may your day be filled with the warmth and comfort of that deepest of peace."

Best, You have an awesome way with words! Just reading that gives me a warm, snuggly feeling.
Thank You!!

Thank You ALL for letting me share + for all of your 'well wishes'!

Today was a bit sad, but this last month, I've been beginning to see how i can be at peace with being sad - and carry on with life - and yep! even smile + laugh. That didn't used to make sense - now I'm learning that I can have all sorts of emotions all at once - kinda like a rainbow is all different colors.

It would've been nice if he'd been sitting on the porch steps when I got home from my meeting tonite. [wistful sigh] - But it's still ok. I still believe!

Blue
Old 06-19-2004, 05:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Bluemoon,

Your husband didn't leave because he doesn't love you, he left because his disease got him in it's grip.

It's good that you still believe.

Ngaire
Old 06-19-2004, 07:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Paused

Blue,
((((HUGS)))))