Notices

Day 3 and so far.....

Old 01-16-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and so far.....

End of day 3 for me and I've notice a few physical and mental responses.

Luckily, so far, cravings have not been a problem and I am a bit under the weather at the minute so maybe indirectly that's helping.

I am really dehydrated all the time- today I had 2 large pots of herbal tea, 2 litres of water and 2 large cups of regular tea. I had a urine test at the Dr yesterday though and it was fine.

Feel very tired and sleeping lots. Going to bed early and waking up relatively late- but at least I feel rested.

One thing I have noticed, and this has scared me a bit. A few times, whilst I am getting on with normal activities, I get a fleeting moment of dizziness- Like for a split second someone has moved the room to the right for a sec. I also get this same slight spin when I am nodding off to sleep- not dissimilar to the spinning room I used to get on the booze but for shorted duration.

Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks
Old 01-16-2014, 12:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I have had the head thing. As though your brain jolts slighty and moves in my head x
Old 01-16-2014, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I have. Give it a few more days and if it bothers you go see a doctor.
I know for me the serious physical setbacks from consuming copious amounts of alcohol sometimes took anywhere from 8 days to 2 weeks to get rid of. Depending on how significant the bender. But everyone is different.
Take Care
Old 01-16-2014, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

KateL that is exactly it. Really weird feeling. Makes me REALLY think about the longer term effects of alcohol- I have always (stupidly) only ever really thought about the effects of alcohol on the brain in the short term. It's easy to overlook the longer effects on the brain and just think about liver and kidneys etc.
Perhaps this is a big wake up call- and I need it. In my family, we have a few older folk who have had a stroke and one member of my family (who has been an alcoholic for 50 years) has Alzheimer's. I am only 35 and I think I need to do everything I can to protect my health.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm in Day 19 and have felt between Dizzy and Light-Headed for Much of the day, so far...
Old 01-16-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jessicacat1, I also experience something similar to what you are describing. Sometimes a moment of dizziness, then suddenly I feel as if everything was shifted and I have hard time making connections with my environment and get a flow of weird perceptions... Sometimes this lasts for a few secs, other times for a couple mins, but then everything is back to normal. These experiences (and a few other weird ones) led me to looking into the phenomena of partial seizures several years ago, but I've never seen a doctor about it. I have definitely experienced these weird things more often in connections with alcohol or drugs.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic!! . . . keep pushing through!!