Notices

Helped a drunk friend last night

Old 01-06-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Helped a drunk friend last night

Last night after work a went to play some pool and drink some lemonade at a local bar. I was there with two of my friends that know I don't want to drink anymore and they support me for it. While we are there another friend of mine comes from another bar nearby and he is black out drunk and making an ass of himself and being a bit too much. I thought to myself while watching this sober...."Jesus that is what I look like when I am plastered!" Needless to say even though he was drunk I still love the guy so we guided him home which was a little amusing when he said "I once split a fried pork chop sandwich with Jim Henson back in 75 just to prove a point!" LMAO he's only 27. That was the only funny part of this experience. After we got him home I felt so good to be sober and go home and make some love that I would feel and remember. God it's good to be sober again. Hope everyone has a great day. Don't be my drunk friend.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Good for you! He is lucky to have a friend like you.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I am glad you were able to help your friend but seeing that you are new to sobriety, you might want to avoid hanging out in bars??
Old 01-06-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you!! Your friend is lucky to have you. He probably woke up, regretting last night, you? Feeling good about sobriety!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 01-06-2014, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome post. I love it. And love the comment about being able to go home and make some love you feel and remember. Good for you!
Old 01-06-2014, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You may be right, however I am one of those people where if I'm afraid of heights, I go skydiving, or if I'm afraid of giving speeches, I do an open Mic night. I feel that if I can't be around it and say no, then I will never be able to live my life and always have a fear of being around alcohol (which is everywhere) and I will just be a recluse. Which to me sounds worse than addiction. What better way to learn to say no than to go out and do it. This is just my opinion though, and I also know that there are many different stages of addiction, and also many different personalities. We all have different reasons for drinking. Mine was always because it was there, at least that is what I have gathered from talking to a therapists. I'm writing on this forum to try and inspire people that may be depressed or unhappy. Life is an amazing gift and I hope that we all can get what we want out of it. Happiness should be simple, but it can be easily hidden right in front of you. We will find it, sometimes you don't know you were high until your sad. Love yourself, trying to find happiness in anything but yourself will be disappointing. Just trying to spread some cheer. Love you guys.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Timelord

Originally Posted by grocerease View Post
You may be right, however I am one of those people where if I'm afraid of heights, I go skydiving, or if I'm afraid of giving speeches, I do an open Mic night. I feel that if I can't be around it and say no, then I will never be able to live my life and always have a fear of being around alcohol (which is everywhere) and I will just be a recluse. Which to me sounds worse than addiction. What better way to learn to say no than to go out and do it. This is just my opinion though, and I also know that there are many different stages of addiction, and also many different personalities. We all have different reasons for drinking. Mine was always because it was there, at least that is what I have gathered from talking to a therapists. I'm writing on this forum to try and inspire people that may be depressed or unhappy. Life is an amazing gift and I hope that we all can get what we want out of it. Happiness should be simple, but it can be easily hidden right in front of you. We will find it, sometimes you don't know you were high until your sad. Love yourself, trying to find happiness in anything but yourself will be disappointing. Just trying to spread some cheer. Love you guys.
Good for you. I had no problem hanging round bars in my early sobriety. I feel the same way if I go into a pub the proprietor isn't going to hold me down and force me to have alcohol. I have to make the conscious decision to drink.