Notices

Slipped up.

Old 12-31-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slipped up.

I slipped up on 23rd December. I have written in previous post that I'm having a sober Christmas so I'm embarrassed to post again here. I guess that when we post here we are writing what we feel at that moment and making promises on here that might not come true. I feel annoyed with myself but the good news is.. I have fallen asleep in front of the TV recently just after a half a bottle of Wine and a few Ciders so I have not been in any trouble (yet) so far so good (at the moment) I'm under no illusion bad times will follow but I fully intend to get tonight out of the way and try again. Its a popular new years resolution I know! But that's all I got right now. Those of you who have advised AA I now totally know that that's the next stage as I cant do this alone.. Just for the record..I've conducted myself very well through this last week but I wont let that fool me as I know as well as you know that that's only the start. Happy NYE to you all! Peace.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Kudos to you for confessing, RJ, and especially for not being fooled by the relative calm . . .

Take it easy tonight and get straight back on it tomorrow. We're still rooting for you here
Old 12-31-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

All the best RJY, keep posting x
Old 12-31-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HeadLump View Post
Kudos to you for confessing, RJ, and especially for not being fooled by the relative calm . . .

Take it easy tonight and get straight back on it tomorrow. We're still rooting for you here

Many thanks for your post back. Its amazing how this whole drinking thing is a total Science. Its a real test of our actual self.

I have to combat the boredom but I just done 52 days and the boredom could not motivate me to do all the other positive things, AA is the answer I think I now realise. I will totally commit to that in the new year. I would go tonight but its miles away and also I had drinks already. Its like..I cannot be me without being buzzed. Its a extremely hard thing sobriety and I wish you all the most health and prosperous new year as I need to literally find a whole new life. That's difficult!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Forgive yourself, learn from it, and move forward again.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey RJY ,
Sounds like a plan

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-31-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi RJY9, it's good that you are here and posting. Keep trying. You can do it. Best wishes.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good Luck RJ

You can do it.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll look back at 2014 as the year you turned it around RJY.

Of course a great way to start and to nail your intent to the wall would be to stay sober tonight, yeah?

D
Old 01-01-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I concur, you can do it. Happy New Year xxxx
Old 01-01-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Rj I can totally relate to your post as I am living a relapse myself right now. Good luck to you. You can do this.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Best wishes RJ. I've too messed up over the holiday period and you did very well to limit the damage there I think. The easiest way is to not take that first drink
Old 01-01-2014, 06:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I too had a slip over the holidays. I was doing great and caved to peer pressure. No excuse and really hit home for me that I'm in a battle that only I can fight. I was feeling great being sober and seeing the benefits of it. Now to stay this way permanently. Life is too short to live with the burden of being a drunk.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You want to go to AA? There are over 800 meetings a week in the London area from early in the morning to late at night. What is the reason you don't go? I don't tell other people what to do to get sober but if you don't work a programme of recovery, it's obvious you are more likely to relapse again. You seem to be talking down the consequences. The point is you're drinking again and talking about going to AA instead of actually doing it.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Don't worry RJ, I have made many promises over the past 2 years or so and many others have as well. We all get it and are here for each other to help keep our promises to ourselves- no one else. I drank over the holidays as well, but we need to learn from the past and look forward. You can do this.