Notices

Here we go again...

Old 12-30-2013, 05:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again...

Hello everyone!

I am new to this site and looking for some support for the next few days, weeks, years?! Here is a little bit of my story... I started smoking heroin when I was about 19 years old and at 22 I quit cold turkey with the help of my very supportive family. I was able to stay sober for 5 years, went back to school and fell in love. This year my grandmother, who I was very close to, passed away and my fiance and I broke up. I couldn't deal with everything going on inside of me so I turned to an old friend for comfort. I was only going to use a couple times, you know, to ease the pain, but that was 7 months ago.

Knowing that my ex doesn't want me back has been the hardest thing for me and I've been a depressed mess. I am currently living with another man who treats me great and I had told him about my problem a few months ago and he thought that I quit but I never did. I cannot tell him again, I need to do this on my own. That is the main reason I am looking for help on here.

I had some stuff to help me, a few oxy's but I took them and cracked and scored again and now I have 6 Vicodin, 8 ativan and 4 ambien to help. I REALLY need to get through this. I cant keep living this way. Anyone in a similar situation or have any words of advice or encoragement? Every time I start to get sick I freak out and feel like I need to get high or something with my ex will come up and I will get extremely sad and crack again.

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Eroin
Sorry I don't have any experience with heroin. Did you try posting on the substance abuse forum below the newcomers. People on there may be able to help.

SR is a very supportive group. Keep reading and writing posts.

I wish I could help more, I just don't have any insight into this for you, just wanted to send you hugs and prayers. Hang in there.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to SR eroin

I don;t know anything about heroin either, but if you get sick again, maybe seeing a Dr is a better option than getting whatever from wherever?

Are you thinking about face to face support too - something like NA or another recovery group?

plenty of support here anyway - the other forum someone mentioned is here:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 12-30-2013, 06:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR you will find what you need here
Old 12-31-2013, 01:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Eroin, I have no experience of Heroine, but wanted to say hello and welcome to the Forum!!