Notices

Cried in doctors office today

Old 12-30-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cried in doctors office today

Well I'm 10 days sober and with that I'm battling the demons of depression. I took my first step to combat it today with a trip to my family doctor. This is my second attempt at depression.....the first time I was prescribed medication but with my alcohol issues I binged drank on them and then finally just stopped taking them. With this being my first attempt at sobriety I hope to give this new medication a shot at helping me. Guess I had them backwards last time.....med's then washing down with 15-18 beers! Had my kids this weekend for my visitation and staying sober around them is easy.....its time like this where its 9:51pm USA Eastern time and I'm alone in my apartment that sends in the demons. I guess it takes 1-4 weeks for the med's to kick in and luckily I do not have any alcohol in my house. I know the itch is coming....it always does....I'm in enough trouble because of my alcoholism and after 10 days I still hate that stuff but its been my best friend for 20 years. Luckily I have counseling set up for this coming Saturday as I know I can't do this alone. Here's to all of us praying for a better 2014!!!! And for those that continue to be sober cheers (I'm drinking Vitamin Water by the way! :-)
Old 12-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things get easier and less emtionally uneven Broom - I promise.

Have a great sober night tonight and tomorrow

D
Old 12-30-2013, 07:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Read this thread.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...lly-again.html

When I get an itch, that's how I scratch it.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello, Broom - I can relate-the nights seem quite desolate for Me as well-I have equated it to being in a Deep Space Outpost-I try turning on many lights in the home and like the radio, because it's Live/Happening right Now and it's sort of like Company-Also, what You're doing right now-Reaching out can be a great help.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so happy to hear you are taking care of yourself Just keep sober one day at a time and it will get so much easier and you will feel a lot better.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Imabuleva, that's exactly what I've been dealing with for years. I lost that on/off switch and once it started I woke up and was afraid to ask what I had done the night before. Its taken two recent auto legal issues, separation and pending divorce from my wife, and countless lost friends along the way for me to finally give sobriety a shot. Alcohol always helped me drowned out the bad things from my past. Looking forward to Day #11 tomorrow!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome.
Glad you found SR, Broom.
At first alcohol seems to help with depression, then it helps cause it.

Hang in there my friend, things get a lot better.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Broom, sounds like you've got some good support in place, you can do this!!