I'm finally making some progress, I think.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm finally making some progress, I think.

I've been posting a lot lately. My AH's drinking has been getting worse. Last week, he decided he was done with me and can't take my oppression anymore. I was devastated and feeling pathetic for feeling rejected by this person I have stood by and loved.

I brought the boys to my parents' Thursday night and we've been here since. I've been doing ok, haven't cried in two days! Last night I got a text from him saying "Listen, let's just give it 3 months and see if we can change and if not, then we go our separate ways." I didn't respond.

This morning I packed up the car and then we had breakfast with my family. I actually started heading for home, but I changed my mind and turned around. I called to tell him we aren't coming home today and it was obvious he had been drinking. A friend of his from England died on Christmas Day, so that was his excuse. I asked him how on earth he thinks we can be a family if he's going to continue to drink. He said "How will it hurt you guys if I do it away from you? I'll just go off and do it every couple of months or so. It won't affect you." I told him that's not enough and I can't live this way anymore.

Anyway, I heard back about an apartment today and I'm going to see it tomorrow. It's a one bedroom, but it's in the school district and it's in a very safe area. I'm sure I could be creative with the space and make it work. I feel like I've made a lot of progress. I took the baby with me today and went and bought a nice purse, I got a really good deal on it. I've felt sad but so much PEACE being away from him. No worrying about his drinking. I look forward to having a nice, peaceful place for the boys and I to be. Now, I'm only worried he will be drunk all the time and either not be there for the boys, or harass me with drunk calls and anger.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

EmmyG-

I have followed your posts from the beginning because your story in many ways resembles mine.

I feel like the last year you have been laying roots and you are getting ready to bloom.

Keep growing. I for one think you are doing great.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Im glad youre taking steps forward and getting an apartment and treated yourself to a new purse Emmy G. Cater to yourself right now. Thats the hardest thing I struggle with. It was always about my AH or our kids and never myself.

Keep doing what youre doing. You are great!!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

See, you are strong! Way to go Emmy! Keep taking care of yourself and your boys, you're doing great so far and setting such a good example for them.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This is great progress Emmy! One step at a time. You might be surprised at how strong you really are.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Go Emmy! Sounds like you're doing great. I bet 2014 has more peace and happiness in store for you.
Now, tell me about this purse. I need some retail therapy by proxy!
Old 12-29-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post

Now, tell me about this purse. I need some retail therapy by proxy!
LOL. Me too!
Old 12-29-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Emmy, you are amazingly strong!!!! Hang in there. You are taking steps to make a better life for you and your children.

Wishing you much love and strength.