If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck

Old 12-28-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck

Then it is definitely an active A. I literally had to stop myself from laughing out loud during an argument last night because as my AH was quacking away all I heard was Charlie Brown's teacher and all I saw was a duck bill where his mouth should be. It was really funny and I almost had to pull an arm hair to stop myself from laughing. Thanks to SR for giving me the tools to recognize quacking bs when I see it now!!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

amenfedup----yes,....isn't it amazing how that one little trick can derail a raging fight into an amusement??!!

dandylion
Old 12-28-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Indeed dandylion. Before I would be a wreck after the awful things that he will say during an argument. Now I just smile, laugh to myself and say "bless your heart" Which ya'll know is southern for......you dumba**.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

OMG....LOL......"bless your heart"......can be the biggest putdown there is, in the south!!

Very effective when done with a sweet smile.......

dandylion
Old 12-28-2013, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pia

How funny, I have learned so many new things from recognizing quacking to know when under the influence. AH told me the other day he knows things are different because I talk to him differently now. I asked what he means and he said because now I know the truth I don't react the way I use to. Example have dinner ready, wash his clothes, care that he is sick, run to the store at midnight to get medicine. Now its fend for yourself lol.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The biggest joke of the conversation was "You always wait until I'm drunk to talk to me about anything." Uhm, if I waited to talk to you when you're sober we may never speak to each other again.
Old 12-28-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The biggest joke of the conversation was "You always wait until I'm drunk to talk to me about anything." Uhm, if I waited to talk to you when you're sober we may never speak to each other again.
I get this...I have a one hour window of opportunity to talk to my AH on weekdays when school is in session. Of course, I am busy trying to get ready for work and get my DD17 out the door to school. After I get home, he has crested the hill and is barreling toward the finish line (unconsciousness). That leaves the weekend, with its own set of issues.