Pity party yesterday

Old 12-26-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pity party yesterday

I think I had to use Christmas as a pity party yesterday. Thank you to everyone here for responding to my vents. I really appreciate it. Took the dog out today, then took him shopping at the pet store where all the strangers loved up on him and bought myself a few things online. Planning a trip for next month and in March to get myself out of this funk and doing all the things I couldn't do while married to an addict. Just gets frustrating when you wish you had a little more cash to do stuff without having to work six to seven days a week. Thank you every one, I appreciate every single one of you! I felt like a cranky child yesterday, today is a much better day! I hope everyone here is having a great day today too!
Old 12-26-2013, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We all have our cranky days!!! I just love dogs. They truly help so much. And you can entertain with them many times for free. They provide unconditional love no matter if you are cranky, happy, sad....it does not matter to them, they just love you all the time!

I am so glad you are having a better day today. I hope your trip is a success. You will appreciate it so much more because it is something you are working so hard towards.

Keep marching on...hugs!
Old 12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Hopeful! You know, I'm watching the news while checking out SR, and this story about all the people complaining about gifts not arriving on time...it's getting on my nerves. Those people need to read the stories on this site to get some perspective! There are more important things in life than getting packages on Christmas! Sheesh!

Yes, if I could only I could find a man like my dog when I'm ready to date again! Cute, loyal, loving, affectionate, listens to direction...ha! He has seriously been a godsend. I know this process would have been waaaaaaay more difficult without him.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We appreciate your being here too O263.
Pity parties are like M&Ms---- a nice treat
now & then.

Hope you got yourself something nice!!!!

"Cute, loyal, loving, affectionate, listens to direction.."
(if we're on the men are dogs theme----then you would
be remiss by neglecting to specify a highly desirable yet often
overlooked trait .......housebroken!)
Old 12-26-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did, pants! So sad, I'm so used to being so practical. Saving up for a new iMac since I've had the same MacBook for 8 years- and it was pawned twice so I had to pay to get it back...so that will be the big treat to myself in a little while. It's sad that my career was in IT and I couldn't even get a new computer for fear it would be pawned...

Anyway, thank you!!! Housebroken is a wonderful trait! Hopefully I will meet a man like that one day!
Old 12-26-2013, 10:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Anyway, thank you!!! Housebroken is a wonderful trait! Hopefully I will meet a man like that one day!
===============================
I'm sure you will, O263..........just ensure his ability to operate a flush toilet is not
the alpha & omega of his earning skill sets.

The flushing is easily mastered. It took me only a minimal number of years.
The proper post-positioning of the toilet seat......THAT'S what separates the pro operators
from the ranks of gifted amateurs.

In that sense Mrs. Vale says I am a work in progress. She says I have 'potential'.

(Sometimes I feel she is only humoring me!)
Old 12-26-2013, 10:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ha! Thanks Vale! Everyone is a work in progress aren't they? I just need to make sure my next relationship is further along in his progress than the last one...