Old 12-25-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well, I invited the addicted father of my almost 4 year old girl to spend christmas eve with us.He showed up with huge bags loaded up with presents and we spent hours playing with all the toys.He acted really good the first few hours then complained about the food and yet binge ate and slowly became more and more ****** up.I was still playing with our girl and he kept saying really incoherent things and finally fell asleep on the couch (but it was close to midnight so I told our girl that he was tired). He later volunteered that he had taken half a sleeping pill (his d.o.c. is heroin). Our little girl was very very happy to have her dad with us (and her therapist said it was good for her to have her dad in her life).
I am still wondering why he needed the damn sleeping pill. Not that I can change anything about his behaviour.
Overall I am still happy I had him over but I am also wondering if I owe my little girl an explanation for dad's strange behaviour. Her main disappointment was that daddy didn't come to the bathroom to watch her take a quick bath with her new baby doll (he was falling asleep) but she seemed to notice more than ever before that her dad was out of it later in the evening.
Old 12-25-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wouldn't discuss it any further unless she brings it up. I would think with Santa coming today she'll be more excited about that. Hope you have a wonderful day and I am glad she at least had a good time seeing her dad for the most part. You are right, you cannot control it nor drive yourself crazy wondering why or what he took. It is what it is.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas February! Sounds like you had a wonderful Xmas eve with the whole family. You seemed happy considering you ex's past and more importantly, your 4yr old had the time of her life. If she doesn't ask why her dad was sleepy, don't open that can of worms and tarnish her fond memory of her dad. What you said was perfect, he was tired. And the longer he stayed awake the longer Santa had to "wait" to come to your house. She seems content and happy. He didn't cause a scene or go into the bathroom and shot up. Let the spirit of Christmas remain happily preserved in her mind. Give her a big hug from SR!
Old 12-25-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
totfit

I would be surprises "half" a sleeping pill made him say "incoherent things" and not out on the couch. I think he "might" be minimizing just a bit. In any even, I am glad things went as well as they did.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It never occurred to me that he might be minimizing...I figured that his usual dope + anything else was enough...