OT This kid cracks me up.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT This kid cracks me up.

So I walk into the playroom today and my daughter is busy stacking up all her toys. I ask her what she's doing and she replies, "I'm so sick of that elf watching me. I'm building a wall so he can't see me anymore."

It seems no one likes to be monitored. Not an alcoholic by their spouse or a child by a nosy, tattle telling Elf on a Shelf.

Ha ha.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

I hate that damn elf. I'm horrible at remembering to move it at night. One of my friends goes all out in these elaborate stagings, and I'm just sitting here like, "He's been sitting on the mantle for a week. Meh."
Old 12-24-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The elf is Soooooo creepy!!! I don't do santa with DD, she is small but she knows there's no santa, I just felt like an a-hole lying to her. I have so many friends that were devastated about Santa not being real! But I don't want her to think that her presents are behaviour based, either. Meh. I hate this time of year. The weather, the family, the pressure to be as good as other people. Bah humbug. *shakes fist at carolers*
David Sedaris has a short story about Christmas traditions in Dress Your Family in Corderoy and Denim, I think(?) that is hysterical. I laughed so hard I cried. Oh wait, I found it! http://chuma.cas.usf.edu/~pinsky/tex...lack%20Men.pdf Did that work I wonder...
Old 12-24-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My daughter loves to find her elf each morning. I don't always do elaborate stuff. It is harder this year because we have a cat now. I had the elf having a snowball fight with white pom poms with a snowman stuffed animal. In the morning the pom poms were all over the house. The cat has also knocked the elf off of stuff a few times while we are at work/school. Sneaky cat!

Funny story from a friend of mine with two kids... Her kids were arguing a lot one day and she reminded them that their elf was watching. Her older child whispers to the younger one "Let's just touch him so he can't tell Santa on us!"
Old 12-24-2013, 06:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think the Elf is creepy looking too.
Old 12-24-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My kids love finding the elf but I can't tell you how many times I forget to move him. Then I'm dashing around with this stupid elf shoved in my PJs looking for a vase or something to stick him in.

My oldest was terrified of Santa. Couldn't stand the thought of some strange fat man coming into our house while we were sleeping. I guess it is pretty creepy.

I'll have to read the David Sedaris story. I love him.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Seriously hilarious!! I love the stuff they come up with!!
Old 12-24-2013, 10:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's too cute!!
Old 12-24-2013, 11:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bunnies!

My husband and I participate in the Inappropriate Elf contest every year through the blog Baby Rabies (a hilarious parenting blog- Baby Rabies). It adds some adult enjoyment to the creepy monotony of Elf on the Shelf. You can see this year's top ten Inappropriate Elves on the site right now.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NWGRITS View Post
I hate that damn elf. I'm horrible at remembering to move it at night. One of my friends goes all out in these elaborate stagings, and I'm just sitting here like, "He's been sitting on the mantle for a week. Meh."
OMG, we did that stupid elf one year and night after night I forgot, til Christmas day came he was covered in a layer of dust! Meanwhile, my friend planned these elaborate events involving the elf. Drove me crazy. I stashed it in the basement the next year, where's he's been sitting ever since!!