Notices

Newbie needs support

Old 12-23-2013, 12:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie needs support

Hi you guys! So this is my first day sober... again. I've had many in the last few years, can't even count anymore. I feel so stupid and weak because I drink secretly, I drink a bottle of wine or a 0,5 liter bottle of vodka in a day. Thats when I start drinking in the evening. When I start in the morning, I drink more.
I just feel so ashamed. I don't know why I do this. I mean, I actually do know. I like the feeling of a little buzz in my head, I feel so relaxed then. But the thing is, I don't know when to stop, I binge all alcohol I have in 30 min and when it hit's me, I feel really drunk and I go to sleep or I vomit.
I can't live this life any longer, I have 2 kids, I have a husband and my drinking is a real problem.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Muhv

You'll find a lot of support here. A lot of mothers are looking for relaxation but there's better ways to achieve that than the bottle
You get ideas here - and encouragement.

Do check out our Moms thread and our Class of December thread - it's for anyone trying to quit this month - you'll find a lot of support there

D
Old 12-23-2013, 01:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Muhv, you can learn new ways to relax without turning to alcohol. I find that living a sober life is far more peaceful than living a drunken one. I no longer feel ashamed and guilty over my actions. This is a great place for support and advice. Glad you have joined us.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Muhv and welcome to SR. You will find many like minded people to talk with, very helpful and informative.

Well done for taking the first steps.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Foo Fighter.

Welcome ! you have recognized you have a problem, your here so you want to do something about it, your on your way. Reality is better than the buzz, once you loose the alcohol fog you will see everything more clearly, and come to enjoy life a lot more. Your family deserves a sober you !
Old 12-23-2013, 01:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Muhv!!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! Glad you are making the wise choice of quitting.

If I may, a few things that helped me and others. Making a small plan of actions to get there is a good idea. See doctor for detox, join additional support groups like AA if you need more than SR for support, some new activities to replace the habit of drinking, etc it's your plan, put what you would like to change in your life, quitting is the biggest step, but after detox it's a question of building a new life.

Best wishes!!
Old 12-23-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Muhv You can turn this around, you really can, I did so I know.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Welcome x
Old 12-23-2013, 02:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone! It is good to know that here are people who know what I am going throu. It is not easy by myself, my husband, he just doesn't understand why I drink in the first place. It all started because he was working away from home, so I only saw him like 1 day in a week. And when he came home, I was so excited, so I drunk to feel a little easier. You know, a little relaxed. And then it became a habit. And it's been already about 4 years.
Old 12-23-2013, 02:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

The years can really slip away - but it's never too late to make a change Muhv
Old 12-23-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I know I can do this, I can be sober if I set my mind to it. I can be sober easily for 3 weeks! But then I go from drinking to dieting. And in about 3 weeks I start thinking that what if I tried some wine... And the moment I get the idea, it doesn't leave my head, I hate it!