My meeting

Old 12-14-2013, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My meeting

Today was my fifth al anon meeting,there were no tears for a change,and I felt a strange calmness while there,i didn't talk today,was happy to listen,didnt feel resentful for been there,but actually felt at home,at ease,and chatted with some lovely people before meeting started.

P.S what is a conscious meeting?
Old 12-14-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by getthere View Post
P.S what is a conscious meeting?
That would be the opposite of an UNconscious meeting....no, not really!

I'm guessing you might be talking about a "group conscience" meeting? That's what it's called when there is an issue the group needs to decide about. It could be something like making a time limit on people's shares b/c the meeting is consistently running way too long. It could be something like using the excess $ in the group's account to buy new literature or to donate the $ to the local central office. It could be anything the group needs to make a decision on as a group.

Was that helpful? Do you think they were saying "conscience" rather than "conscious"?
Old 12-14-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
That would be the opposite of an UNconscious meeting....no, not really!

I'm guessing you might be talking about a "group conscience" meeting? That's what it's called when there is an issue the group needs to decide about. It could be something like making a time limit on people's shares b/c the meeting is consistently running way too long. It could be something like using the excess $ in the group's account to buy new literature or to donate the $ to the local central office. It could be anything the group needs to make a decision on as a group.

Was that helpful? Do you think they were saying "conscience" rather than "conscious"?
That was VERY helpful.Thank you,that was how I spelt it first,then changed spelling as I wasn't sure it looked right,Now I know what to expect,wouldnt imagine I would have much input ATM ,since I am not long there.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by getthere View Post
wouldnt imagine I would have much input ATM ,since I am not long there.
Don't be so sure about that--sometimes the opinion or idea of the newer member can be really valuable b/c they aren't all hung up on "the way it's always been done." New folks have the gift of thinking "outside the box" exactly b/c they ARE new, and you might have more to contribute than you expect!

Glad that was helpful.