Notices

Lisagw

Old 12-03-2013, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lisagw

Originally Posted by Lisagw View Post
I said I wasn't computer savvy, well I really meant it. the message keeps coming up, that until I have 5 posts, my message wont be shown, and im ok with that, but what does that mean exactly; think by now I have posted 5. sorry ive learned so much on this website and I feel like this is holding me back. also where am I to post these post? a blog,or forum or where. please can someone take a moment to help explain this? grateful inadvance!!!!
Ok, here it goes, im a 52 year old woman, with a full time job, as a housekeeper for a very loyal employer and faithful friend. They have 5 children, 3 still in grade school, one in 8th grade. These children mean as much to me almost like my own grandchildren. on grandparants day they want me to come, not their real gp. I have 2 adorable boys of my own (grands), one is 20 months, one is 8 yoa. And they are the joy of my life, which includes my brilliant son who graduated from college 2012, and who has sober for 11 months., Before that he had 5 years.

Now last week, my boss gave me a week paid, so I could try to get sober at home with Dr.s help; gave me meds to help with DT's , but I just wasn't ready to give it up. No matter how much I prayed,read AA book, my son said I just wasn't ready, now I know im ready, just don't know where to start.

have a social anxiety issues, which seem to be the main problem. im just desparate for some help, would appreciate any information.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lisa,

I think a lot of us have social anxiety issues, so we do understand how hard this is. I hope you decide to stop drinking and begin to recover.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lisa

best thing you can do is commit to a day one and go for it.

If you've seen your Dr and are doing as they suggested you should be ok - naturally if you find you're concerned by anything so call them again or go to the ER - I'm sure your employer would understand in that case - they'd probably insist on it.

I recommend you check ion daily here - you'll find a lot fo support encouragement and advice. Look at what other people are doing for their recovery and find a way that seems right to you

D
Old 12-04-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you're ready. The first thing, to me, is to not pick up that first drink. Sounds simple, but if you don't you won't get drunk.
Sounds like you have a great life otherwise. Make it better by not drinking. You can do this.
I was a falling down drunk, and have managed to stay sober two years ten months just by not taking that first drink.

You've got a lot going for you. You can do this. You'll find a lot of support here.

Best to you.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

Old 12-04-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on facing this problem. I waited too long until going to AA for person or flesh meetings which certainly helped me and millions of others. Fear not as everyone there had a first day fright and have a common problem, alcohol. I found the AA booklet Living Sober extremely helpful as are the meetings. This site has a lot of helpful people with loads of practical advise also.

BE WELL