Update and thanks

Old 11-22-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update and thanks

Hi all, it's been many months since I posted here. At the time I had just separated from my alcoholic/ controlling partner of the last 13 years and had found myself at rock bottom. I poured my heart out on this forum and complete strangers offered me comfort and advice all of which was most welcome. I was lucky as I had great support from family and friends, a great counsellor and a fantastic boss. I had a month off work at my lowest point and then slowly started to recover. I returned to work, focussed on my self, my daughter and my friends and actually started living again, something I realise now that I hadn't been doing for so very long, I laughed, had fun and could breath again, no longer walking on eggshells.
Nearly a year has passed since our initial separation and initially I dreamed of reconciliation, that didnt last long once my head was out of the mess that being with him had caused.
Things now are so good I don't give him a second thought. A few weeks ago I was out with friends and met someone...I was obviously wary but I can honestly say I have met someone who is the complete opposite of my ex. I am taking it really slowly and just getting to know him, whilst still having lots of time with my daughter, who is soooo much happier and now has a lovely serious boyfriend and my friends.
Really all I wanted to say was thank you to all of you that took the time to read my posts and to offer such comfort when I needed it. At that time I never could have imagined that life would be so good now. Me and my ex are no contact now and have been for some months, obviously living in a small town some info gets back to me. He was still with the woman he had an affair with the last I heard, he had taken her to the local pub, drinking all day and had a massive row with her...I cannot tell you how glad I am to be out of that situation. For all those going through what I did I wish you the very best and hope you all can regain your lives however you choose to do so xx
Old 11-22-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Gratitude feels pretty darn good, huh?

So. Thanks to you, too.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you soo much NewLook for taking the time to share this FABULOUS update. I remember you, and am so proud of the progress you have made in taking control of your l ife back!!!!!

No longer riding the train to crazytown....Horray!

dandylion
Old 11-22-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice! Brave, strong and bravo to you!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dandylion, you offered so much support at a very bad time, thank you. Now in a good place i intend to look in every now and again and hopefully offer the same support to others when they really need it. I feel like my life has started all over again and for a long time i didn't believe it would.
This forum is awesome and the people who support regularly are a godsend!!