Notices

Trying again!!

Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying again!!

Im back! Its been quite awhile since i was last on this site. I do beleive that it helped me when i was consistant with it. I then thought i could do the rest on my own. I was very wrong. It is such a hard battle to win. I just wish i could wake up one day and not think about or want to drink ever again. Nothing ever good comes out of it. I know that, I dont want to do it...but i still do! WHY!! I just want to be happy. It should not be this hard to be. Any advice would be much appriciated!!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

WELCOME BACK!

Originally Posted by shelly12 View Post
Nothing ever good comes out of it. I know that, I dont want to do it...but i still do!
Every alcohol addict on this site (past, present and future) knows that feeling.

You're back, and that's good. What else are you thinking of doing to stay stopped this time?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Just try to keep my mind busy. I can go without. I dont need it to function. I has always just been my crutch, my friend. I always tell myself, your ok, you can just have a couple and then end up getting completly bombed!! Black out!! Feel like **** the next day! Never want to do it again and then i do. Even thought i know what will happen, i talk myself out of it and do it again!! Same results! Im good as long as i dont have that FIRST drink. But i do!! I let everyone down! Myself included!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tell yourself you don't have a choice, you WILL NOT put the poison in your body. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I always tell myself, your ok, you can just have a couple and then end up getting completly bombed!!
Let me disagree a bit.

You aren't telling you to 'have just a couple'.

You are posting on this webiste and wanting to get sober. You are a rational, thinking human being.

You (like me) have an alcoholic living in your head with you. That dirty skunk will make up any lie, excuse, threat or bargain to get YOU to get it another drink. Stop listening to that liar.

You will be happy that you did.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad you're back trying again.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

AA worked for me when all else failed. If you really want to quit it is worth the a try
Old 11-21-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back. Keep coming back, it helps.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Let me disagree a bit.

You aren't telling you to 'have just a couple'.

You are posting on this webiste and wanting to get sober. You are a rational, thinking human being.

You (like me) have an alcoholic living in your head with you. That dirty skunk will make up any lie, excuse, threat or bargain to get YOU to get it another drink. Stop listening to that liar.

You will be happy that you did.
I really like this post and you are right that dude knows every trick in the book to make you want to drink. Mine is evil
Old 11-21-2013, 12:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
instant

It is such a hard battle to win. I just wish i could wake up one day and not think about or want to drink ever again.
I don't think i can ever win, but the battle gets a lot easier and there is plenty of space to live and laugh.

For me the second statement is unrealistic - my hope now is that i never forget- i need that . Its too easy to slip back into old habits and once the addiction bites its tough.

After a number of short periods of sobriety and various escapades i am now 2 and a half years sober. Its easier staying sober than getting sober.

SR has been invaluable to me
Old 11-21-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back, SR has really helped with my recovery. Glad you are here.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Shelly

I think finding more support could help...you could also look at your life and see what changes you could make to help you stay sober?

D