Notices

Struggling today

Old 11-17-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling today

Hi everyone my name's Brian and I am an alcoholic. I am currently 24 days sober. It's 1:21 pm on a Sunday afternoon and I am house sitting for some folks which has given me unlimited access to booze and the ability to get more. I have not taken the first drink or even looked at a bottle but this is hard. I need to call my soon to be ex wife (we are aeperated) but I almost feel like I need booze to talk to her. I need to get out of my head! Think I am going to head to an AA meeting. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 11-17-2013, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you have a friend to call that can help you remove the booze from the house temporarily until the owners return?????
Old 11-17-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Here's a suggestion. There's an abundance of relapse posts today. Read those and ask yourself, "Do I want to undo the work of 24 days for the excuse that I need to drink to talk to my wife?"
Old 11-17-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Put pen to paper and write down all of the negatives alcohol has made to your life.....
Old 11-17-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Struggling here too, and I don't even have any alcohol. I think it's that time of year. Go for a walk, if you can. Try not to even look at the alcohol. Drinking will only make it worse tomorrow!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah, bro, I just relapsed myself and your gonna feel like **** if you do. As far as a better solution there must be but we are alcoholics, booze was are solution. I wish I would of just sat on my hands for the night. Got nothing accomplished this weekend.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the posts everyone. I've noticed the amount of relapse posts but I don't think I've read anyone saying they felt better since they drank? I made a meeting and will probably do another one tonight. I do feel better, I guess I didn't realize how tough early sobriety can be once I committed to not drinking. Onedayatatime is right, as an alcoholic, it's challenging to deal with situations I used to use booze to control and numb. But I am looking at it like a test and I guess maybe the more I pass the less likely I will be to fail. Thanks SR for the posts
Old 11-17-2013, 02:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you made it to a meeting. Congrats on 24 days sober!