Frustration

Old 11-12-2013, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustration

Over the past year, more keeps being revealed about my ASTBXH that annoys and frustrates me. Earlier this summer I got to visit his home which could easily have been on the "Hoarders" TV show. I hated letting my kiddo stay overnight there. Recently I am learning that his driving license has apparently been suspended several times since June. He has had our 5 years old DD for visitation and driven her during some of these times.

He lies and lies and lies. I knew that when I ended our relationship. It hasn't gotten any better. I HATE co-parenting with a liar. Our DD should not have a parent who puts her at risk and is more concerned about his own wants and needs than hers. He can't follow through on anything he promises. I am learning to check public records now. I hope that isn't co-dependent behavior but I don't think it is.

The bottom line is that I know that things are much better now that we live separate from him. Our home is safe, clean, and full of happiness. DD spends a lot more of her spare time here with me than with her AF. I know that it's progress not perfection. However, I still wish I could protect DD more.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I imagine you could have him arrested for having a child in the car driving on a suspended license. Keep checking those public records. Good luck. M
Old 11-13-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's so hard when it comes to the kids - worrying about DD's safety while she was with her FATHER was the most uncomfortable feeling in the world.

I've seen it written here a million times & it is SO true each & every time - having a great home 50% of the time is so much healthier for the kids than living in a dysfunctional one 100% of the time. (or something to that effect, lol) You're doing a great job Mom, don't be so hard on yourself. ((((HUGS))))