Notices

Day 1

Old 10-28-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Not interested in attending AA but am finally taking one step forward and am registered to this site. Thank you for having a forum for me to reach out. Pretty down and out. I feel like life is just constantly overwhelming for me and I'm sick of coping with these challenges through booze. Feel that I have so much to be thankful for and great people in my life. Just need to get a hold of this addiction before it drowns me.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and your headed in the right direction. You MIGHT try a combination of paths toward sobriety and health. BE WELL
Old 10-28-2013, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Gentle Soul

D
Old 10-28-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to meet you GentleSoul. SR worked miracles for me after a lifetime of letting alcohol be in charge of my life.

It's meant so much to me to have a place where everyone understands what I'm going through. I had no one else in my life to talk to about my feelings - they were all social drinkers. The feeling of relief I had by posting here was amazing. My anxiety lessened right away - and I grew strong enough to begin my new life. Hope you will feel the same.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

GentleSoul, welcome to SR ! Its a wonderful site and there is a lot of support as well as being able to explore different ways of tackling this addiction. I wish you well and I would recommend that you read the threads and post often.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! I used AA in early sobriety but now find SR more convenient and flexible.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Welcome. I am also very new to the forum and already find it helpful. Going to bed now grateful to have come through day 3 sober after a few months relapsed. The withdrawals are uncomfortable and at times scary but they Will pass. You have made a great decision here. Already i see myself making baby steps forward. Be gentle with yourself :-) you are worth it.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to a wonderful place for support.