Notices

recovery from PTSD trauma and emotional abandoment

Old 10-20-2013, 04:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink recovery from PTSD trauma and emotional abandoment

Hi My names Nick and I'm and addict / adult child and am seeking recovery from both chemical dependency - codependency issues and found recovery on the 18th February 2008 through the 12 step program.

I became aware in 2011 that there was something very wrong with me spiritually and have since then been focusing on childhood core abandonment issues through the various fellowships and have come to understand I display symptoms to those found in people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD

I hope this blog will help me discover the truth behind this complex disorder and help me and others find healing, wholeness and belonging in the world and would like to hear from any one who is on a similar journey.

The illness of addiction / alcoholism has kept me a prisoner from the outside world for most all my adult life through separation and emotional abandonment and hope this blog will help me and others find inner peace and spiritual healing.

I would like to invite you to share your experience hope and strength with me in relation to this topic so I can simply gain a better understanding of this spiritual illness

Old 10-20-2013, 04:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Realising my life

It will be a privilege to share your journey, serenenick. That's a brilliant idea
Old 10-20-2013, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome serenenick, thanks for sharing. SR is a great place for support. Glad you have joined us.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi there!

I also have PTSD. I am a child abuse and abandonment survivor. My childhood was really messed up, and I've never properly dealt with it. Spent more than a decade in an alcohol faze trying to bury it.

I know I will have to work through it and heal because if I don't...I'll get to that bad place again when the alcohol seemed like a great idea to deal with it.

Good luck to you!