Notices

Finally talked to my BF

Old 10-19-2013, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally talked to my BF

...was actually forced as was caught drinking wine yesterday straight out of the bottle hiding in the kitchen.... I have been caught before but now somehow he saw the whole picture clearly and realized that I have been doing this quite a lot. But it was really for the best. He is now going to support me and I really think this will be the difference, this time I will make it. I also feel a lot closer to him as we can talk about something that is taking so much of my time. We only meet every second week, and that is usually when I drink. Now we made strategies as to how he can support me by not having alcohol at home and doing other things together instead, such as excerise. He does however think that by time I will be able to moderate...he doesnīt think my drinking is that bad. I told him that maybe so, but for now I want some time off it completely. We will talk about it more and he will realize I am actually much more fun sober.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope you will be able to moderate. I finally realized I can't. One glass turned into a bottle all too easily. Definitely take the break and use his support.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In my experience once alcohol has become a problem moderation is pretty difficult. Most everyone here will agree it is impossible once you have identified a problem with one's drinking. It is a bit like having one foot on the brake and the other on the accelerator.

All the best of course, however you proceed.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I donīt really think I can moderate. I will quit for now and take it one day at the time. Itīs kind of scary to think in terms of never again. So one day at a time.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mentium View Post
It is a bit like having one foot on the brake and the other on the accelerator.

Perfect, perfect description. Thanks, Mentium.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you have your bf's support. That helps. I tried many times to moderate my drinking, never worked. Easier for me to quit completely.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My husband was supportive of me trying to quit but he also said that I am too hard on myself. However, after 21 days, I think he likes sober me, a lot. I haven't heard any talks about me moderating and although, he has never had a drinking problem, I have noticed his drinking of alcohol has gone down to drinking barely anything alcoholic. Give it time, you will both enjoy the changes!!!