Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Help :( The percocets are on the kitchen table, calling my name

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 06:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ok, some of you may or may not have seen my original post in the newbie section. My mom had breast cancer surgery and was prescribed Oxycodone/APAP #30. I stole 5 earlier. After about an hour I felt happy, no physical or emotional pain, no anxiety and a wonderful feeling. It's now 9:30 PM and I am still at my parents house and the percocets are in the same place and my mom is sleeping. The pain is back, emotional and physical, bad feelings, down, etc. I could easily swipe a few more and get that feeling back again. No physical pain would be great. A nice feeling is all I ask for. I saw the phsyciatrist today and told her the truth. She recommends me telling my mom to hold on to her medications because temptation is too great. They know I have a substance abuse problem, why are they leaving them out there for me to drool over. When I take them I know the feeling is only temporary. It was discussed whether or not I should go back on Suboxone but I don't like the way they make me feel, too drowsy. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. My logic is I'm in pain, I need them, I want them, but if I take more she might notice and why are they out there. Am I on the road to slip up again? I don't want to have another overdose. Why can a stupid pill make you feel so good. Isn't that what I deserve, to feel good about myself? Thank you
Old 10-16-2013, 06:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was in your exact shoes years ago. I stole vicodin from my grandfather while he was laying on the hospital bed dieing of cancer. You don't need it. You will feel worse then worry about her finding out. LEAVE THE HOUSE. COME CLEAN and ask if they will put them away for you. Do they know about your addiction? I feel the best way to go about us being addicts is to be honest. really. and our family will appreciate our honesty instead of us hiding, stealing, and going about how we do things in our own way. STAY STRONG. you can do it!!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know why they are out there. Good for you for telling the doctor today.

Think this through, you are going to put your mother in a predicament if she needs them. You are being very courageous and smart by posting before you make a decision that you know isn't in your best interests.

Yes, you are on the road to slip up again, but it seems like you are putting the brakes on. Walk the pills into your mother and tell her you would feel better if she kept them out from under you.

I would find it difficult to have a bottle of wine sitting on the kitchen table.

You need to get through this challenge, right now, tonight, and then worry about the bigger picture later. But you should be very proud of yourself for making a smart decision.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

So many things in this post.

You already slipped.

The pills make you feel good and you deserve to feel good you say? Then it doesn't sound like you're ready for recovery.

I would tell your mom what you did. They shouldn't be left out. Could you imagine her running out and actually needing them because she just had Surgery for breast Cancer and having to tell her doctor she has none because her kid stole them all to be high?

Coming clean will hold you accountable for your actions.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

She probably isn't thinking about your addictions right now. She's probably thinking about her own emotional and physical pain. Actually if your father lives there and you can tell him to make sure her medication is put away- that would be the best option.