Notices

First day back to reality

Old 10-15-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First day back to reality

After my husband was out of the house for a week due to his abusive behavior while drunk, minor surgery, found out mom was committed, and only 2 full days sober under my belt I have to go back to work today after 10 days off. Not gona lie I'm not ready to face reality. Shaky anxious and on the verge of tears at every turn. Taking a deep breath. Hoping I can survive it.
Old 10-15-2013, 05:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just stick with it. Reality really is better than not reality. Because when we get sober again the harsh reality of what we din't deal with it much much harder. God, I sound like my mother.... LOL
Old 10-15-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are facing so many family issues but I agree with GreekGuy--reality is better and drinking will only make things worse. Eat a good breakfast, take some snacks, and keep your head down at work and maybe don't be as interactive as usual but concentrate on your tasks. I had to do that lots when I first stopped since people looking at me or asking me "what's wrong" would make me burst into tears. Lots of emotion surfaces when you quit drowning it. That's normal and will pass. It is important though that you take care of yourself while it is happening. I also carried a light jacket with me when I was detoxing because sometimes I would get cold at work since I couldn't control environment. You are doing really well so far. This is for you and your future--don't let your family's issues harm your recovery. I spent years trying to fix my mother's alcoholism and smoking. I lost years of my life because to deal with the pain of it I choose alcohol. I can't get that time back but I can learn from it.