Notices

No energy!!!! Help!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No energy!!!! Help!!!

So it's day 9 of no opiates for me. All of the physical stuff is over with (thank god) but I am starting to think I will never have energy again! I was an addict for 10 months, give or take, but I don't know what to do. I have to get moving. I have a daughter who needs me and I work 2 jobs, one being a waitress at night a few nights a week, and I go back to work tomorrow. What can I do? Everyone says work out but I'm not thinking they understand that right when I stand up I sit back down because I'm simply too weak! Someone give me answers! Feel like I'm losing hope
Old 10-10-2013, 10:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It will take some time for that natural energy to come back, I'm not going to lie. If you can't work out, take a walk for 10-20 minutes. You gotta start small, and it's OK to start small. You've just been through a physically exhausting detox. It will take time, but it will happen. Good to have you here with us!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea I feel that's where everyone relapses. I hate the feeling of having no motivation when I look outside, not a cloud in the sky, it's 70 degrees, sun shining and normally I would be driving my toddler all over town to parks and ice cream and playing and running, it's really sad that I cannot do that at the moment. Seems like I'm dying inside!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Make sure you're eating good.Very Important!!!
And don't be afraid to take a multi vitamin.

***Not dying,it's just your body resdjusting.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Definitely echo what Resolute said: Eat very well, take vitamins. But you should push yourself to get up and do something, even if only in your mind for your daughter - because exercise, no matter how little, will help get those energy levels back up.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am going to force myself on a walk right now! Thanks you guys! I'll let you know how I feel when I get back!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Walking and other exercise leads to the release of the body's natural happy drugs called endorphins. I walk almost every day.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

If you have to sit and take breaks,do it.
Even being out in the sun will give you much needed vitamin D.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you, Mama!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Okay guys. Didn't seem too long but I walked around my block (which is a decent size) once then I jogged the second time around and I feel great! I think this addict has a new addiction feeling terrific!
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KennedysMama902 View Post
I am going to force myself on a walk right now! Thanks you guys! I'll let you know how I feel when I get back!
Great,

I'll be checking in from time to time to see how you made out.
  # 12 (permalink)  

If it were me I would start by focusing on what I could be hopeful about. Anything. I have found that I needed to practice being able to feel good about something even when I didn't feel so great. Almost like a brain workout. I knew that staying positive in spite of how I felt would serve me.

There were many days I had no energy and wondered what the heck I had to be positive about. I forced myself to look for it. Some days it was just as simple as I woke up and didn't hate myself. Didn't feel good but didn't hate myself. Not hating myself was better than not physically feeling all that great.

One of the best tools I learned was how to refocus. Quickly. The longer I allowed myself to dwell on what wasn't working more than what was the worse I felt. And the longer worse stuck around the greater the risk I would say f it. I don't want to say f it.

Being positive isn't about everything being great. It's about knowing that when it isn't, it won't last and it ain't everything. Even positive people have no energy sometimes. They just don't hang on to it. They also don't own it. They see things as circumstance and not who they are.

I've had to practice this a lot!!

Me looking at your situation...you are doing so awesome on the 9 days! That is flipping fantastic. Give yourself a break. It's going to take time for your body to recover. It would every single human being who took anything for 10 months. Mother Theresa would be tired on day 9 if she took opiates for 10 months and then quit. It's just part of the getting better. The opiates caused this. You are not flawed. In fact, look how strong and resilient you are!

I had to learn how to be compassionate with myself. It was always so easy to be compassionate to someone else but not so much to myself.

What would you tell someone you cared about who is going through what you are going through? I'll bet you would tell them how proud you are of them and they are doing great and being tired and feeling a little lost is okay and normal but it won't last and you know they can do it! You would be their best cheerleader. I had to learn to be my own cheerleader.

Tell the people you work with your not feeling very energetic right now. Take the slow section. I've waited tables before. I know its hard work. I hope you work with nice people who understand it when someone is not having a great day. Everybody has them. I don't think anyone needs to know all your business. I hope they are nice people. If they are not, just do the best you can. That's all any of us can do. If you can take a few more days to rest, do it. If you can't. Well, just do your best. (((Hug)))

Just my opinion.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well look at that! By the time I posted that long post you already were feeling better! You do know how to take care of yourself! Well done KennedysMama!! Well done!!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KennedysMama902 View Post
Okay guys. Didn't seem too long but I walked around my block (which is a decent size) once then I jogged the second time around and I feel great! I think this addict has a new addiction feeling terrific!
Sounds like a plan.
Seemed quick,but you were gone for 20 minutes.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

360shoes you just made me cry!!!! Any recovering addict knows how damn emotional you get but wow. That was so sincere and from the heart, you have said it better than anyone I know personally! You have given me so much motivation from one single post, and for that I thank you! Working out definitely worked for me, I walked, jogged, then sat to catch my breath and I'm on my way for round two right now! I cannot thank you enough for your kind words of encouragement and hope! God bless!!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

And you helped me sweetheart. That's just what we recovering whatevers do. Help each other. Thank you. Now go have a great day doing whatever it is you need to do.
Double (((((hug))))
Old 10-10-2013, 10:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well gosh I think I'll jump on the bandwagon in a bit and go for a walk to pick up some groceries!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:08 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Just to think an hour ago I was losing hope, and instead of being stubborn (like I always am) I listened. Glad I did! I will be walking/jogging everyday now! I feel so terrific I can't even believe I was an addict just 10 days ago! YIPPIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm so into my every day walk that I even go out in the rain. As long as it's not a pouring rain, I'm off on my walk. But, my personal favorite is walking during a light snow storm. It's so quiet and surreal,just have to dress right for the weather.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Given your age and length of use, you may have beaten the devil

Don't ever go back. It gets harder every time.