Notices

Day 5

Old 10-06-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

My emotions are running high. I cry at the drop of a dime, and everything seems to be irritating me ... I'm almost to a full week though, and am hoping by day 8 I feel more normal. I've been incredibly strong not giving in at my weakest moments... I never expected this to be so hard Maybe after my first therapy session tomorrow, I'll find a little piece at mind. Maybe...
Old 10-06-2013, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Keylimekc, day 5? You are FANTASTIC. Congratulations. Rootin for ya.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Night owl

Hang in there, it will get better. You're almost through your first week which is the worst. Having all sorts of emotions is totally normal. We've numbed them for so long that they just start spilling out all over the place, sometimes two or three or more at once. It's great that you have the support of therapy. Take care.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are in the home stretch! Few more days and you will feel better.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hang in there - each day does get better and easier. I'm on day 6. I am determined to STAY quit this time . I think after 30 days, it'll be a lot easier to not be nagged by that voice in the head - to be able to see it, but NOT BE IT - big difference for me as now I have a CHOICE. I can see it arise , acknowledge that it's just an OLD thought and move my attention elsewhere as quick as possible. It's learning new skills , but it gets easier.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
hang in there - each day does get better and easier. I'm on day 6. I am determined to STAY quit this time . I think after 30 days, it'll be a lot easier to not be nagged by that voice in the head - to be able to see it, but NOT BE IT - big difference for me as now I have a CHOICE. I can see it arise , acknowledge that it's just an OLD thought and move my attention elsewhere as quick as possible. It's learning new skills , but it gets easier.

I'm on day 6 today as well. Woke up feeling ok, not stiff and emotional. I have my first therapy session today, and am actually looking forward to it.