Notices

not well...

Old 08-31-2013, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

not well...

I went to detox last October. I stopped taking my lithium for bipolar, then relapsed. I was in the psych ward for 11 nights this month. I'm an an antipsychotic right now, and I need to pick up a an anti-anxiety med and another med I'm trying for bipolar. I am really struggling right now to make it to the pharmacy. I was sober today. It is really hard to get sober again after a relapse. My relationship is over, and I am isolating. I deleted my Facebook because I found myself looking at pics of us and crying. I saw a girlfriend last night, but I couldn't make it to the pharmacy today. I'm stressed and frustrated.

Tomorrow I'm going to:
- go to the pharmacy and start my new meds
- call the hospital and request financial assistance information
- set up an appointment with a counselor
Old 08-31-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

They all sound good things to do Angelx - let us know how you get on tomorrow

D
Old 08-31-2013, 02:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Bets wishes to you angelX. I know what a struggle it is dealing with serious bi-polar and alcoholism. I have a very good friend who has been in AA longer than me, about 35 years, who struggles with this. He is an amazing man, the nicest guy you could ever wish to meet.

In fact he was the first person I spoke to after my last drink. He rang on the Sunday morning to see how I was. He suspected I would drink again. He made sure I got to the meeting that night and worked with me closely over the next few months. I remember that phone call like it was yesterday.

He also shared with me some of his experiences with bi-polar. Made me realise how fortunate I was to be just an alcoholic and certainly cleared up any issues around the difference between depression and self pity.

His bi-polar condition has always remained difficult for him to manage but, in spite of that, I doubt if there are many in AA who have helped as many people as he has. He is one of those very special people, very rare people, I have had the privilage of knowing. He is a great example of the program in action.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got my prescription today, and got quite a bit of work done on a house project. Took an epsom bath this morning. I deleted Facebook. I think it's a trigger for me, because all I see are events for parties I don't feel comfortable at sober and people talking about drinking or their latest festival bender. I feel like it was a self-selecting group of folks, and no judgment on them, but it makes me want to "have fun" the way I used to, and that's not good.

Anyway...back on the wagon.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad to hear you're back trying again.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're feeling better angelx

D
Old 09-15-2013, 08:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you everybody. I am happy to be sober tonight and on my meds. Life isn't perfect, but it could be a total disaster. I'm also starting to feel truly grateful for my breakup lately, which is a major step to my future happiness.