Notices

Struggling tonight

Old 08-29-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling tonight

Well almost the end of day six and man I'm struggling tonight. I won't drink but feeling so empty. I had to say good to my alcoholic boyfriend of 10 months a month and a half ago but we still text everyday. Today is the first time we haven't in the over ten months. I so want to contact him but I know that this is for the better. It's so so hard though. I keep looking at pictures of him and thinking of all the good times not the bad crap. I know if we are together I won't stay sober and I want to be. For me. Tired of my life the past year and a half. Drinking daily. Feeling alone and desperate. I know it will get better with time but a part of me wants to cave to him and alcohol but I won't. I will put one foot in front of the other one day at a time.

Hope it gets easier.

Peace out friends
Melbell
Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
quat

sorry to hear about your situation, but your resolve is inspiring
wishing you the best(way to go on 6 days!!)
Old 08-29-2013, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Melbell sounds like he wasn't good for you and that's what you have to remember. Did you have bad arguments when you both would drink? That is the only time my husband and I would fight..when we both drank. It's no way to live.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

6 days

Hang on! You can do it!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Way to go on 6 days. Very happy you are remaining strong and steadfast in the decision. Time heals a lot of emotional distress that we bring on ourselves. I think you're doing the right thing staying away. You have to do what's right for you unless you dont want to be of benefit to anyone. Including yourself. Congrats again on day 6!!!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Yes we fought a lot when drinking. We did have some good times too but all we did together was drink. He called me some horrible horrible names. I called the cops once on him cause he wouldn't leave my house. He would get drunk and text me mean things all night. It was pretty toxic. But he did have a loving side and shared things with me no one has and sometimes made me feel like I was a queen but of course I only remember the good things. Not the cops. Me slapping him cause of the horrible stuff he did to me which I have never i may add done that to anyone in my life. He brought out the worst in me. Someone I didn't like.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think toxic is a good word. My husband tells me I have divorced him 100 times because that's what would say during our arguments. Gosh getting sober and splitting up at the same time is tough..but remember..things happen for a reason. Better things are in store for you.
Old 08-29-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Leaving any relationship can be hard but it sounds like it's the right thing to do for you.

Stick with us melbell

D
Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The best thing I ever did was realize that my sobriety was the most important thing to me, more than any relationship even family relationships.