Notices

12 days

Old 08-29-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12 days

Feeling good and focusing on the positive things in my life and what I have to be grateful for. Going to the library to read and write. My ac broke!!
Old 08-29-2013, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi A! I am happy to see you this morning. I am liking this positive post of yours. It is good to see that you are walking forward. Keep going A.
What do you mean your AC broke?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I signed in (like an hour ago Acheleus!! ..lol) ...first thing I looked for was your update. So glad to hear a bit of a spring in your step today my friend : )
Old 08-29-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm also glad today seems brighter for you - I hope your plans go well and you be sure and check in later and let us know
Old 08-29-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you are having a good day. First thing I did when I read that your AC wasn't working was look at your location. Sorry to hear this. AC is almost mandatory in the south. hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I vacuumed water out of the pan and that got it working again. The manager said he would send someone tomorrow to fix it. At least it is cool in my apt. Today I have a day off--no classes, no teaching, all I have to do is prepare and read and write and plan for tomorrow. So I am feeling relieved today. My wellbutrin really cuts down my cravings for cigarettes and alcohol, especially cigarettes. Not sure if that is considered cheating? The doctor prescribed it to me for depression. Thanks Nuudawn for the always necessary kick in the pants yesterday. You have helped me a lot over the past few months. I am glad to be coming up on two weeks, I feel confident in my sobriety and everyday I sense a little more self-confidence and self-love. Losing a little weight doesn't hurt either.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yays!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Acheleus View Post
I vacuumed water out of the pan and that got it working again. The manager said he would send someone tomorrow to fix it. At least it is cool in my apt. Today I have a day off--no classes, no teaching, all I have to do is prepare and read and write and plan for tomorrow. So I am feeling relieved today. My wellbutrin really cuts down my cravings for cigarettes and alcohol, especially cigarettes. Not sure if that is considered cheating? The doctor prescribed it to me for depression. Thanks Nuudawn for the always necessary kick in the pants yesterday. You have helped me a lot over the past few months. I am glad to be coming up on two weeks, I feel confident in my sobriety and everyday I sense a little more self-confidence and self-love. Losing a little weight doesn't hurt either.
Acheleus...you and I have been at this bout the same amount of time. I remember following your daily check ins when you were just a few days ahead of me back in June. I have come to think of you as my "sobriety little brother"..so ya, that's what big sister's do. We kick you in the pants sometimes : )

"Not sure if that is considered cheating? "

Oh for heaven's sakes...give yourself a break boy : )
Old 08-29-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well I went to the library and read but now I am craving a trip to the pub down the street. Why do I forget how terrible my last hangover was? I hate this urge. I am strong today though.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Acheleus --

I like that you mentioned both mornings and hangovers. One of the absolute best thing about sobriety for me is having good mornings! No headaches, no fatigue, no wasting time sleeping late -- and no guilt!!

I find it's a good thing to focus on when 5:00 rolls around.

Hang in there!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Play it forward and see in your mind where that trip to the pub will end for you. Ugly at best says me. Stay strong.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on Day 12, Achelus!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Getting dinner soon and going to read. No pub going for me. I think I am just really hungry.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 12, you are doing great
Old 08-29-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
EndGame

My wellbutrin really cuts down my cravings for cigarettes and alcohol, especially cigarettes. Not sure if that is considered cheating? The doctor prescribed it to me for depression.
In clinical trials, one of the unintended consequences of taking Welbutrin was diminished cravings for nicotine. There were also reports of people who stopped drinking coffee and other caffeinated drinks, experienced fewer craving for sweets and, yes, a few reports about people having lowered cravings for alcohol. Because only cravings for nicotine were diminished at an acceptable level of significance, Welbutrin was relabeled as Zyban with FDA approval and marketed for people who wanted to quit smoking.

Cheating? Are all those folks who used Zyban for nicotine cravings cheating when they experience an elevated mood?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
EndGame

Well I went to the library and read but now I am craving a trip to the pub down the street. Why do I forget how terrible my last hangover was? I hate this urge. I am strong today though.
Because you're feeling better. A very vulnerable time for many of us in early sobriety. You said as much in your comment.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Just returned from a long walk. Watching football and feeling proud of myself. My medication really helps me, and I hope it really kicks in a few weeks from now. Stressed a little about class but looking forward to a labor day weekend full of studying and reading.