Notices

I really really want to drink.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really really want to drink.

UGH. I have to to stay at my Dad's house today and there are three 20oz Bud Lite's in his fridge that are taunting me... Alcohol isn't my primary substance of choice but getting drunk sounds so nice right now. I was planning on taking the 3 beers and leaving the house when my dad goes to the bathroom but I'm starting realize that's a stupid idea but I'm still SERIOUSLY considering it.

I'm in drug court, so there's a good chance I'll go to jail if I do this.. but that voice in my head tells me "Well maybe you NEED to go to jail again, in order to really be ready to stop."
Old 08-25-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

No, you don't need to go to jail again to stop drinking.

You can get through this. Can you call someone or go out for awhile?
Old 08-25-2013, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jakec View Post
UGH. I have to to stay at my Dad's house today and there are three 20oz Bud Lite's in his fridge that are taunting me... Alcohol isn't my primary substance of choice but getting drunk sounds so nice right now. I was planning on taking the 3 beers and leaving the house when my dad goes to the bathroom but I'm starting realize that's a stupid idea but I'm still SERIOUSLY considering it.

I'm in drug court, so there's a good chance I'll go to jail if I do this.. but that voice in my head tells me "Well maybe you NEED to go to jail again, in order to really be ready to stop."
Maybe! For some of us we need a lot of convincing that we can't drink in safety. ????
Old 08-25-2013, 02:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Friend-

The best part of your post is the line that says.....I'm taking my life back.. If i were you, I'd be putting all of my energy into that statement and that statement only.

Good luck and God bless
Old 08-25-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Strength

I noticed that you have been a member for awhile, yet you want to take 3 beers and run. I have been on this site for less than a month. Today is day 29 for me. I hope I don't have a post in a year from now like yours.

Be strong. Be strong for more than just court. Be strong for who you want to be. Be strong for your future.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Nothing is impossible!

Follow your own quote "Im taking my life back". Drinking those beers will just keep you right where are.........stuck in the depressing cycle of addiction. Its an easy choice for someone looking in on the outside........dont do it. what would you gain by drinking it? Absolutely nothing but more anxiety, anger, and sadness. Its a liquid, stop letting it control your thoughts. Go out and do something productive and healthy.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
EndGame

Ha!

I once heard someone say that your dealer's phone number is at the bottom of your first glass of beer.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

jakec,

You came here and posted about this and that's a BIG step. You don't want to drink or you just would have done it. Follow through, you CAN do this!
Old 08-25-2013, 02:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You're thinking this through! That is a huge deal. I remember starting to do that and thinking-gosh, am I talking to myself? LOL

Those beers won't do anything for you.

I know that is true for me-there isn't enough booze or pills (that I can access) to sedate my brain the way my old DOC did so why bother even going there?
Old 08-25-2013, 03:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kab

Smile help is on the way

hi jakec,,,,go for a walk,,,i don't know if your a spiritual person,,but if your not try this anyway,,,while your walking talk to jesus talk to hm just like your talking to us right now in your posting,tell him whats on your mind and the problem you are having ask him to help you,he will. I also think you need someone to talk to in person,if you have a good friend,,try him or her.you can also talk to a priest or minister.i not sure if you have a problem with alcohol but you can also look in the phone book or call 411 for your local aa office they have people you can talk to,just tell them what is on your mind and what is bothering you,,tell them you need help,,,i will pray for you that you will get what you need... remember "JLY"
Old 08-25-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How crazy is that alcoholic voice in your head if it's telling you it's okay to go to jail, so go ahead and drink! Try to think it through...it's just not worth it.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Your freedom or 3 cans of light beer. Come on - think about that.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You are in jail already. The alcohol has you locked up. The only thing you are not yet accepting is that with alcohol.. You are on Death Row.

3 beers.

Back to square one.

Back to the insanity of drinking that has you thinking going to jail would be a good thing.

Your life needn't be like this.

All our lives needn't be like this.

I wish you luck.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

How did the day end up Jake?

D
Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you to everyone who replied.

I ended up NOT picking up the drink.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So glad to hear you didn't drink, take care
Old 08-26-2013, 03:13 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

And now I'm back at my dad's house..
the beers are still there... and now there are more of them..
God help me.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

And now I'm back at my dad's house..
the beers are still there... and now there are more of them..
God help me.
You did it once, you will do it again. And again, and again.

Focus on that which you can control (such as your thoughts) not on that which you cannot control (the items in the fridge) and you'll be fine.

Good luck and God Bless
Old 08-26-2013, 03:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
No half measures

When I feel the bite an AA meeting works every time