Notices

New & In need of advice please x

Old 08-21-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New & In need of advice please x

Hi All,
Im struggling with a Heroin addiction, I want to get clean so badly as my mental health & physical is being affected badly along with the hurt and pain im causing. Im a year into this nightmare, im smoking it daily about 0.3g (£15-£20 max) so not a huge amount I believe.
its like somethings clicked inside me and ive woke up in this hell. I want to get well so badly, im in the UK and the drug support service im seeing isn't helping one bit.
I want to detox so badly and start rebuilding myself and start living again, I'll have to do it at home,has anyone got any advice on how to do this? What worked for you?
I feel very alone, any advice would be much appreciated - Loyal x
Old 08-21-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Loyal you have come to the right place for support and you certainly are not alone. I have no advice as I have never been into drugs. My preference was alcohol. I am sure there will be others that will come along and give you some advice. I don't think detoxing alone at home is the right answer though. You can't go see your doctor or go the ER to detox safely?

Wishing you well.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Loyal. I have never done heroin (I have had many friends who have), but I have been though a serious addiction to other drugs and alcohol. The meth addiction was brutal, much like your addiction I'm guessing. I think the important thing is to take this first step as you have and begin talking to people about it and seeking positive people to get you through this. This is an excellent place to be and receive advice.
I think what is going to get you through this is a couple things; first off you need to get away from all the people that you are associated with that do that drug and that are those types of people (it will only lead to you relapsing). Next is to start journaling (trust me it really really helps). Keep your head up and start thinking about why you want to quit and how much better your life will be when you kick it. Stay positive, this is not going to be easy, but we all hold it in our selves to control ourselves...we just often times forget this when caught in the grips of an addiction. You have the power to do this. You have to believe in your self and the rest will come. Keep posting on here, it helps. If you want you can privet message me and we can help each other. Good luck to you Loyal <3
Old 08-21-2013, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi loyal

we can't give you medical advice on this website it's against our rules.
Do you have a regular GP?

there's some NHS advice here:
Drugs: getting help - Live Well - NHS Choices
Heroin: get help - Live Well - NHS Choices

D