Notices

Day 8 off Percocet?

Old 08-21-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 8 off Percocet?

It's Day 8 and I'm still so flipping no energy? I get the morning b/c that 6:30 pill would get me going. I replaced them with B-6 gummies and a strong B-12 pill and I take my adderall and nothing. I noticed ppl say they woke up feeling like crud and not wanting to get up but got better as the day went on. Am I just not far enough into sobriety yet? I only eat healthy fresh foods, water, Gatorade, vitamin replacement drinks what else can I possible do? The other symptoms are gone the no sleep, bathroom, dilated eyes and moodiness just NO energy. Any advise on when I will get it back or some idea to help get some? School starts next week and back to getting up at the crack of dawn to be at the bus stop! TIA
A-
Old 08-21-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey! Congrats on the 8 days! Thats the stuff right there.

It will probably take some time but it will happen. I was impatient too and it seems like we have been at this forever. Honestly, 8 days or 30 days is not enough to be back 100%. As someone said, it took time to get to this point and it takes time to get out ofit.

You WILL get out of it, though. I promise you that.

A quote that always helped me may help you. A guy that recovered said, "you just have to be ok with not being ok for awhile".
Old 08-21-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Overitall

Congrats on Day 8!! I can definitely relate about low energy. I am on Day 11 off Percs and my energy is pretty low. Every morning I literally have to make myself go to work because my body hurts and I feel so drained.
I find that when I stay home to rest or "hide" lol, that those days are far worse than the days that I make myself get up and go to work and rejoin the world. And remember that next week, your energy levels could be better. Try to just think about today.
Believe it or not, having something to do and somewhere to be when you wake up can seem overwhelming but when you push yourself through that and make yourself do it, your energy increases and self-respect soars. It gives you power over your DOC.

Good Luck!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

ok here is the answer you are waiting on take 5htp and take double also take alpha brain order tht online im on day 10 today and feel like a fkn champ im also taking a very small dose of suboxone
Old 08-21-2013, 07:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What's 5htp? I'm new to this, lol!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

your doing great man i was addicted to 10/325 for about a year and after the first two weeks i was feeling great and normal but those 2 weeks are gonna suck and go bye so slow just do things you enjoy havin fun doing to keep your mind off of them.. goodluck and congrats on the first 8 days of hell lol
Old 08-24-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How are you doing Overitall? Hope you're doing well!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Overitall, I am day 18 no pills and I still struggle to get going. My energy level is low and I still get super cranky at times when I'd normally be popping a couple percs. BUT, It is true....It does get better! Keep talking about it here in these forums. Since I've been here I've gotten nothing but awesome support! Keep us updated. At the low moments come here or find someone you trust to talk to. I would not be clean right had I not found these forums.