Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Quest. for those who reached 30 days off opiates

Notices

Old 08-19-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today I hit 20 days off oxys and 16 offs suboxone, which I used for the first four days off withdrawals and c/t after. Most days are good others alittle ruff I guess my body is trying to adjust to being sober. Will things get alittle better sleep/mood ect. once I hit 30 days? I have some days where I sleep ok and other days where Im still tossing and turning. My mood is pretty stable just feel board and feel like I have nothing to live for. When I know I have a lot to live for my daughters my family and plenty other reasons. Ih mean maybe I feel this way because I been home to long. Next week I return to work I didn't want to return to soon as I wanted my full energy and sleep back I feel like Im about half way their so maybe this last week things will get a little better.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If I was correct in my posts, I am at 30 days (WD was rough so I kind of lost count of when I actually stopped:-)

No two people are the same but here is my experience at one month:

Minor stomach issues and they are not every day. Appetite is very good.

Brief anxiety when I realize there won't be any more help from pills (I can swat the thought away in a minute or two). No real cravings.

Still a little moody. The swings go from not in a great mood to laughing.

Mornings have gotten better. They were my roughest time but I have gotten used to not popping pills when I wake up.

Sleep came back a couple of weeks ago. I actually sleep better now.

Bad days happen less and less. The further you get, the easier it is.

It sounds to me that you are coming along fine and right on schedule. 30 days from now you will feel even better.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

One more thing,

I think the problems around this time are a mind trick. The meds cant nail you with physical symptoms so it lays the mental on extra thick. It tries to bargin with you by saying, "you did a great job quitting but I guess youre permantly damaged. Might as well pop a pill since there's no hope of feeling normal".

It sounds goofy but I think thats exactly what it is. The thing is, it WILL get better.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job for making it to 30 days. I am almost their I cant believe how far I have gone. I am hopefull for the 30 day mark but this has kind of been a roller coaster with some ups and downs. And yes I know exactly what you mean but I know one pill put me back to day one somewhere I never want to be.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And did any otc sleep aids help you. Ive tried zquil, ultrasom but they only give me a few hours of sleep. I guess I will try melatonin again I tried it once and don't remember if it helped me. I think I might hit the gym again I think the days I hit the gym where the days I slept the best. And thanks I appreciate the support it means a lot.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sleep aids were awful for me. It seems like they only kicked in at daylight:-)

What helped the most was admitting I might not sleep that night and excepting it. I swear, when I quit panicking about not sleeping, I slept.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have 48 days off pills but only 19 off subs. I feel like I feel better everyday. Still in that in between time though. I don't want to use but I'm not training for any half marathons yet either.

I'm a weirdo because I sleep better off opiates. Pills made me stay up all night. I do use melatonin though.

I'm slightly enthusiastic about the future compared to "whatever" 50 days ago.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kudos for making it that far. I know the time will come where I return to normal sleep I guess I just have to accept the fact that I still need more time. Hopefully the melatonin will help some. How are you feeling mentally?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mentally I feel okay. I have my moments. I don't crave pills. I wish I had a little more passion already because I used to really be passionate about stuff. I'm hopeful!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good to hear fancyfee. I to feel hopefull for a better future ahead..
Old 08-19-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all of you who are off the opiates because it certainly isn't an easy thing to do. I am almost one year free of my physical habit but had a one day relapse last January that reminded me that one isn't enough and a thousand too many!! i was on them almost ten years regarding the hardcore physical habit and my sleep is just now starting to return a little at a time but yesterday I almost fell asleep in church which was actually great! I cannot remember the last time I "nodded" naturally which is a good sign things are finally returning to normal. Yay for kicking opiates!!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you Gjclay, Im glad your sleep is returning to normal. I sure hope it doesn't take me that long. But that's to show how bad these pills effects our bodies and how long its takes to return to normal. just taking this one day at a time. That's really all I can do.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fancyfee View Post
I have 48 days off pills but only 19 off subs. I feel like I feel better everyday. Still in that in between time though. I don't want to use but I'm not training for any half marathons yet either.

I'm a weirdo because I sleep better off opiates. Pills made me stay up all night. I do use melatonin though.

I'm slightly enthusiastic about the future compared to "whatever" 50 days ago.
I don't think it's odd for addicts to have that reaction. I used to take handfuls of percs and dance around the house.

Congratulations on your sobriety. It's tough to get off those.