Notices

Good things about no meds

Old 08-16-2013, 05:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good things about no meds

Here are some things that come from dropping this stuff I have noticed:

Woke up this morning not scrambing to get a pill.

I am not worried about how many are left and stressing about where I can get some.

No worry today about hiding them or getting caught.

I am not stressing about my next doc appointment and the hassle of getting to a pharmacy.

If I need to go somewhere today, I dont have to autocalculate the number of pills needed.

If a drug test for work comes up, I can say test me til you are blue in the face (even with an rx, it was an ordeal where I work in healthcare).

Tomorrow is going to be better than today, not stuck in an endless cycle.

I am eating great again since I am not constantly torn up over dealing with all the above
Old 08-16-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Those are all amazing reasons to stay on this path! Im on day 6.
My w/d are getting a lot better - still have burning pain in my legs and not sleeping and mild sweating- body temp issues but much better than day 3-4.
It does feel great to not be obsessing about when I'm running out and how I'm getting more! I'm finding the more I look for the positives of my current situation, the more empowered I feel. Thanks for bringing a few of these to light!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 6!!! Youre almost in the clear and will soon feel tons better. Look for one day soon when it just pops and is gone. You are almost there

And to all those folks on day 2 or 3, dont listen to your mind telling you its no use, give up, etc. Its all LIES you will see clearly when you turn the corner. The meds are desparate and lying to you any way they can. Just keep going, I swear they get weaker and weaker as your mind clears.
Old 08-16-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tiredenough-I like this thread! These are certainly excellent benefits. Thank you for sharing them.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I agree with what you said about day 3-4 or whatever days are your worst during WD. I swear I couldn't make it when I was on day 3-4 and I did and YOU can too. When I read hang in there it does get better - it was like blah, blah, blah... like how can I make it better NOW! But I get it now - it does get better!!!! Hang in there. And try to keep your thoughts positive - look forward not back.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are absolutely correct, olive!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for making my day a lil bit brighter!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome!

I agree about not needing a pill in the morning. That is a great feeling.

Not worrying about how my pupils look to people/doctors.

Not getting the "you are a total junky" look from the kid working the pharmacy window that saw me every two weeks. I wonder if misses me?

Remembering what I'm doing. Wait, that's not completely better yet.

Not sweating profusely in air conditioning.

Laughing. Really laughing. It's amazing how funny stuff is now.

My skin looks better. Dark circles are clearing up and drinking tons of water has really helped.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fancy-waking up to your post was great! I had a nice laugh! Oh, tiredenough was that already mentioned the laughing? I miss laughing - wait a min, fancy mentioned that! OMG memory isn't there for me yet either!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I hear you on the pupils. For some reason or another, mine never dilated that bad. I remember being scared to death though because thats something my wife would notice immediately!

I think we all have physical improvements in store

I find myself bursting out laughing too! Must be a side effect of a working brain
Old 08-16-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What an awesome post, thank you TiredEnough! I soooo needed to see this today! I don't miss any one of the things you listed, its a fantastic feeling to not be a prisoner to the pills anymore! Mine were also prescribed by my doc , but I hid them from everyone, including my husband, and it just became so exhausting. The hiding and the lying and the doctor appointments and the freaking out about running out and having to plan events around whether or not I had enough meds, the list is endless! It was so agonizing living that way, I have no idea how I kept it up for as long as I did. Thanks again for this , and for reminding me why choosing Sobriety was the absolute best decision I've ever made

~ Audrey ~ DAY 68!
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, if I'm out of line but it must be said my libido is though the roof after going sober. I'm not sure how my wife feels about it lmao.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I heard that, Spider. It definitely gets suppressed with the meds
Old 08-17-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Amen great thread. Just reading this brought up so many memories..I don't miss any of the below

Always having to come up with an excuse to my SO about where I was going, when really I was going to meet my dealer or see a doctor.

Having to make sure I had enough money for pills, I was spending almost 200 bucks a week, then towards the end of my pills days I was spending 800 a week on 30mg oxy's, ugh that makes me sick.

I don't miss not being able to poop. THe constipation used to be so bad.

I don't miss having the pills be my life, like you guys had mentioned.

And all of you are right, the precious innocence of our laughter was taken, our freedom was taken away, our hard earned money was gone to drugs...

I could go on and on and on. Back in my huge pill days I used to think I could never live a normal life. For a while I was convinced I needed pills to survive, and when I would quit, get through my withdrawals, my AV would always make me think I still needed them. My back would hurt, I would ache etc. But if you just give it time, it goes away.

Being clean and sober and not having to think about drugs is awesome, however I am only 10 days in (from booze this time around) I know I am not in the clear, I am not even mildly out of the bushes, as my AV will talk to me everyday when I get off work now!

MUST stay strong. Thanks for the good thread!
Old 08-19-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Final, your second paragraph was my life. Making up all kinds of stuff to get to a friends or sneak in a doc visit. All the time hoping to God they didnt call her when I didnt answer the phone. I always felt like a pure dog for lying or telling half a truth. It broke me and Im a tough dude. I said no more.

Man, those were some terrible times. Constant worry and turmoil