View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 10:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
finaltime

Amen great thread. Just reading this brought up so many memories..I don't miss any of the below

Always having to come up with an excuse to my SO about where I was going, when really I was going to meet my dealer or see a doctor.

Having to make sure I had enough money for pills, I was spending almost 200 bucks a week, then towards the end of my pills days I was spending 800 a week on 30mg oxy's, ugh that makes me sick.

I don't miss not being able to poop. THe constipation used to be so bad.

I don't miss having the pills be my life, like you guys had mentioned.

And all of you are right, the precious innocence of our laughter was taken, our freedom was taken away, our hard earned money was gone to drugs...

I could go on and on and on. Back in my huge pill days I used to think I could never live a normal life. For a while I was convinced I needed pills to survive, and when I would quit, get through my withdrawals, my AV would always make me think I still needed them. My back would hurt, I would ache etc. But if you just give it time, it goes away.

Being clean and sober and not having to think about drugs is awesome, however I am only 10 days in (from booze this time around) I know I am not in the clear, I am not even mildly out of the bushes, as my AV will talk to me everyday when I get off work now!

MUST stay strong. Thanks for the good thread!