I left, what now

Old 08-15-2013, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I left, what now

I've only posted a few times on here. I was wondering for those that walked out of their homes/marraiges/relationships how it worked out?

Did it give your other half the kick up the rear end or was it just a no contact end of relationship?

I walked out this day last week and away from my home of 15 years. My AH text on Monday to say he would be sending an email and asked how our young son was. I haven't heard from him since. Apparently he is in recovery for 14 months now but it doesn't feel like it to me, so I had enough of the emotional abuse and distress and took myself out of the firing line.

Now I'm homeless, the house was mine for 12 years prior to marriage and now I am living in a spare room of a family members apartment with my son.

I guess i'm looking for hope as it was my last resort and although I try my best to focus on myself and apply my programme but it isn't always that easy. Do I have to go back to become unhomeless? He refuses to move out and appears happy to let things drag on and on with no resolution.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done for being so strong.
Secondly if he will not move out ask the police to remove him. You have probably
Been through so much already, why should he further your pain? You will get through this & even if it doesnt wake him up, he probably would not have woken up anyway
Old 08-15-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by crazycoda View Post
You will get through this & even if it doesnt wake him up, he probably would not have woken up anyway
Thank you for this, its just what I need. It helps me to remember to let him go also and to focus on myself keeping trust in my Higher Power.

In this country the police won't intervene stating its a domestic issue. My husband is very aware of his rights and if I put him out he knows what he needs to do legally to get back in which would make my living situation worse. We are heading down the legal road and that will hopefully end with me getting my home back but it may take months.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It gets easier Honey, I promise.
I left my marriage just shy of a month ago. We were together 8 years. 6 of those.. were bad. It took SIX YEARS for me to finally muster up the courage, strength whatever you wanna call it to take off my rose colored glasses and see that my young son and I deserve so much more in this life than being second to someones high.
It will be hard.. but it will get better. So much better in fact.
Sending you love and luck. Stay with family and friends. Gather your strength and just ride the wave.. It'll take you to exactly where you need to be. Be patient with yourself.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its a shame the police will not do more, just because its domestic what does that prove?!! I hope you remain strong & not waiver or let him make you feel bad because you and your son are the most important thing.

Good luck xx
Old 08-15-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your story and your courage. I am still with my husband, expecting our first child. One day I may have to leave, if I do then I hope to find courage inside me like your showing here.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by focusonme View Post
I've only posted a few times on here. I was wondering for those that walked out of their homes/marraiges/relationships how it worked out?

Did it give your other half the kick up the rear end or was it just a no contact end of relationship?

I walked out this day last week and away from my home of 15 years. My AH text on Monday to say he would be sending an email and asked how our young son was. I haven't heard from him since. Apparently he is in recovery for 14 months now but it doesn't feel like it to me, so I had enough of the emotional abuse and distress and took myself out of the firing line.

Now I'm homeless, the house was mine for 12 years prior to marriage and now I am living in a spare room of a family members apartment with my son.

I guess i'm looking for hope as it was my last resort and although I try my best to focus on myself and apply my programme but it isn't always that easy. Do I have to go back to become unhomeless? He refuses to move out and appears happy to let things drag on and on with no resolution.

I would think the house issue will be resolved if you file for a divorce can you speak with an attorney to see what your options are?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Focusonme, if it is your property then legally get it back. He's probably just trying to make you as miserable as you can be in the hopes you will take him back. Rootin for ya.