Notices

I can't do this alone

Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation I can't do this alone

Hi. I was a member of NA for 8 years. I left because I wanted to drink. I started drinking, then doing weed and recently I've been doing coke. For the past 6 months I've been trying to stop but I never go more than 24 hours. I have finally admitted defeat and know I can't do this alone and need help. I need a sponsor. By joining this site I'm surrendering and asking for help. I'm so broken. I'm suicidal again. I hate this disease of addiction. It wants me dead i know it does. My life is so unmanageable. I can't believe it's brought me to my knees again. Addiction is def cunning and patient. Just looking for some support, guidance and love till I can learn to love myself again. Been looking at my step working guide. Still kept it! I want that peace back. I want that connection with a higher power and to have faith in life again rather than this desperation. Please help me. I've tried and I know I can't do this alone. I've experienced the power of another recovering addict. I desperately need that power again.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi May73 and Welcome to SR!

There is a lot of information and support here.

I went to AA in the past and although I was only sober five months I must have felt it did something as I kept my Big Book. That is the only thing I kept and the first thing I picked up when I stopped drinking. It sat in my cedar chest for nine years, it was like it was waiting for me.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome May

this is an incredibly supportive recovery community - I know you'll find inspiration and hope here

D
Old 08-12-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love the comment it sat in your chest for 9 years waiting for you. Divine intervention. Thank you both for your comments. I can't stop crying at the moment. But I do have hope or I wouldn't be here.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi May73, my addiction is alcohol and its a son of a b****to kick. I've been feeling full of self hate and yesterday I felt like topping myself, feeling like I'm never going to be beat this horrible disease, but I got on SR and talked and it helped me through a very bad night.

Today is Day 1 and I'm feeling a little bit better, not great, but better than last night, which was really bad.

Stay here, connect here, its been a life line for me, share, reach out, do whatever you need to do to, no matter how bad it gets, share on SR and it will get you through the roughest times. I cannot express how much this site has been helping me.

Talking to people who understand exactly how we feel, what we're going through, not being judged, not feeling so alone, not feeling like a freak!

Take care and hang in there

D x
Old 08-12-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks D. I know the feeling. I'm too tired to fight this illness anymore. Going on here has helped. It motivated me to swallow my pride and call someone in the fellowship. I'm off to a meeting tomorrow night. Paranoid and anxious now that some self righteous idiot will be all patronising! But as they say. You can't save your a**e and your face at the same time. Have been reading lots of threads on this site. Your comment is real and I so relate. I just want peace of mind. Thx day 1 for me too. Lets hang on in there together and see what life reveals eh?
Old 08-12-2013, 04:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

“feeling like I'm never going to be beat this horrible disease.” I found out I’ll never beat it as it lingers within and will strike me when my guard is down so I still attend AA so my remember whens will be fresh in my mind. I also need to remember that stopping drinking is only part of the solution, I need to remember the reasons behind MY drinking.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR May

I am not sure I agree that you can't save your arse and your face at the same time... It takes guts to face up to a problem like this and tackle it head on, it's something to be proud of. Well done for reaching out x
Old 08-12-2013, 05:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi May73!!! This is a wonderful place for support and information. Keep coming back. It really does help!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm hanging in there with you May73!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say..Welcome!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey.
Yup I'm with you. Lets plug this together.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the support and D today is day 2 for both of us. I went to my old home group last night. It was very emotional and everyone was lovely. They told me I was lucky to be able to make it back. Was reminded about the principles of the steps and how I need to utilise them in my daily life. But you know the best thing. Last night was the first time in over 2 years I've been relieved of the obsession to use. A bloody miracle!! The therapeutic value of one addict talking to another!!! Feeling very grateful and emotional today. Thank you everyone xxx
Old 08-13-2013, 02:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am so happy you are getting back into the program. It is a miracle and we see them often if we are sober and open to see them.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi May73, glad to see you here today too. x
Old 08-13-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome may, This is a great site. I'm sure you will find it helpful. Keep hope alive.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:18 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DS777 View Post
Hi May73, glad to see you here today too. x
You too D x JFT and all that
Old 08-13-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
quat

great on day 2 May
you said before you were 'tired', I know the feeling! The great thing is that is the sign you were fighting to get over the wall to this side, welcome back , just got here myself I think I like the view , I'm gonna stick around , so I guess I Will be seeing you too!
Old 08-13-2013, 03:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
great on day 2 May
you said before you were 'tired', I know the feeling! The great thing is that is the sign you were fighting to get over the wall to this side, welcome back , just got here myself I think I like the view , I'm gonna stick around , so I guess I Will be seeing you too!
Most def!!! I know there is peace of mind waiting for me and you xxx I'll be keeping an eye out for you. Pretty broken/emotional at the moment but I know it will get better on this side. I know what the other side has to offer and it can keep it -JFT x