Notices

Day Seven

Old 08-09-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MTD

Post Day Seven

Day seven Im in heaven (kind of)

The mind is working over time. Want to feel the intoxication again! It is sooo hard not to give in. But mind over matter!!! Hope I can stay strong. Feel so good at times that I am sober other times I just don't know if I want this bad enough. Even after all the stuff I have put my body and mind through!! I guess ill just stay sober for today and deal with tomorrow when and if it gets here...this is how my day went.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I found reading through my old posts or others posts helped me - it reminded me of what all this was for

congrats on day 7

D
Old 08-09-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try to distract yourself with music or exercise, something to help you get past this.

It will get easier.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

You just have to want sobriety more than you don't. That desire will grow as you feel better. You can do this!

Sent from my iPad using SoberRecovery
Old 08-09-2013, 08:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Seven days is huge. A week is like a cycle and you've worked through one. Never trust the mind when it tells you tales of intoxication. They're always twisted and they won't turn out the way that voice will tell you it will. It ends up with sickness and regret.

Get that mind cookin' on a second week sober and all the great stuff you'll be able to do.

Thank you for your post. Keep posting!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!! Keep it up!!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maybe go for a quick run or something...it's a much healthier high and the soreness you feel in the morning will actually be a good thing
Old 08-09-2013, 09:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MTD

Thank you so much. I almost did the deed! Went to the store tonight and was going to buy wine. The fight and turmoil I felt inside was powerful! I was shaking and weak for a couple hours after that!!! What a horrible thing this is. Didn't buy. I won!!! Have any of you had a familiar experience? Please share because I think I loosing my mind!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yes. After two months sober I heard the rumble of thunder. For whatever reason I loved to be "primed" for a thunderstorm. Having no booze in the house I sat in my car for an hour listening to the storm thinking about driving to the liquor store. I never started the car that evening. It was one of the tiny steps I took toward to being well.

You're not losing your mind. The mind just digs deep grooves that are easy to fall into. It takes time to build new paths.

I think it's wonderful that you didn't drink tonight despite the turmoil. You'll be stronger for it. Thank you for posting.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey MTD ,
When i went from darn it i'm going to drink , to darn it i'm going to stay sober whatever, i think i'd turned a corner .
Sounds like you have had some pritty strong stress there , i was jittery for the first couple of weeks .
The good news is you only have to go through this once if thats what you decide ,

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-09-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I found reading through my old posts or others posts helped me - it reminded me of what all this was for

congrats on day 7

D
Day 7 is awesome - well done!

I agree with Dee - reading my posts really helps me.

So does being in the SR chat room (hug)

You are doing great - hang in there. The mind is a real player - don't pay it too much attention right now.

Hugs
Shell
Old 08-10-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Dee74, reading your old post during struggle time sounds like a good idea.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on a week sober!

Originally Posted by MTD View Post
Have any of you had a familiar experience? Please share because I think I loosing my mind!
Yes, many times I gave in and in a sense, I lost my mind. Mine was while I was still drinking. I was drinking earlier and earlier or on occasions that I should have not drank at all. I talked myself right into it. I will just have one/two or I am not going anywhere or doing anything today so what the hell, I can drink at 6am.

Not drinking at all was the solution to this inner fight. I never had one or two. I always went over the top once I had the first one. I did have places to go and things to do but I put them off and told myself I could do it tomorrow. There was always a tomorrow.

Now I don't have a tomorrow, I only have today. I will not drink, today.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sounds like me. I said"after this weekend after this weekend... " well that went on for about 5 months. I found SR in March, I believe, and it took me until last weekend to say "at this rate I'll never get there " and I found the strength at last. Thank the Lord!!!! Always on guard though.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Originally Posted by JumpnOn2 View Post
Sounds like me. I said"after this weekend after this weekend... " well that went on for about 5 months. I found SR in March, I believe, and it took me until last weekend to say "at this rate I'll never get there " and I found the strength at last. Thank the Lord!!!! Always on guard though.
After 10 years of knowing i needed to give up, i thought, if not now when ?

Bestwishes, m
Old 08-10-2013, 04:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks mecanix!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 7, MD. I caved in last night and am so angry at myself right now. Your post is encouraging to me.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Paschle, if you slipped try to regain your balance, if you fell get up and keep moving forward. It's not easy.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice, JumpOn2. Yes, I fell, (not proud of it), but I am standing up again.