Notices

God sent me a guardian angel

Old 08-02-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God sent me a guardian angel

I have been struggling with alcoholism for some time now. I have been in therapy and am taking Naltrexone to help with the cravings. The other night I decided to "test" the meds because they are also supposed to interfere with the good feelings that alcohol gives. Well, it went terribly wrong. My husband was home, not drinking, thank goodness because our daughter's twin friends were coming over for dinner. When their mother came to pick them up she noticed I was "off" (Apparently her girls even noticed and said something to their mom) and called me the next day to see if I was alright.

Here I was on a phone call with a friend (not a close one) shaking because I messed up and guess what?? She said she has been sober for 20 years this past June and she is willing to help me if I let her. She was amazing!!! Our girls adore one another and I cried at the thought that they couldn't be friends any more because I couldn't be trusted with them. I MESSED up big time and here I have someone who is taking me under their wing and wants to help me. She said I am a wonderful person and she loves that our girls are friends. GOD IS GOOD!!! I am off to start my 2nd day sober and looking forward to an AA meeting with my guardian angel tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is a amazing. I know its hard to let someone in, but this time it paid off. I also understand how you felt about your daughter possibly loosing friends because of your actions. That was my 'bottom'. Best wishes on your new closer friendship.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much! I feel amazing this morning.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing that great story. It will help me try again at letting others know that I'm in recovery. The last time I was offered a beer by a so called friend I said. NO, you know that I'm in recovery and some people just can't drink alcohol. I am one of those people. Their response was...do you go to AA? When I said NO, I just know better than to drink. They said that if I don't go to AA then I'm "Just a drunk". This person and most of my other friends have never even seen me drunk so I really don't think I deserved that?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad she came your way. Good things come at some very unexpected times.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MatildaRose View Post
Thank you for sharing that great story. It will help me try again at letting others know that I'm in recovery. The last time I was offered a beer by a so called friend I said. NO, you know that I'm in recovery and some people just can't drink alcohol. I am one of those people. Their response was...do you go to AA? When I said NO, I just know better than to drink. They said that if I don't go to AA then I'm "Just a drunk". This person and most of my other friends have never even seen me drunk so I really don't think I deserved that?
My only response is that people in this country are ignorant probably by choice for not seeing all the examples abounding about drugs and alcohol. Ignorance is bliss?? I thing you're answer for you was correct, NO really needs no further explanation. BE WELL