Anyone's experience

Old 07-24-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone's experience

Hi all went to docs this morning and she prescribed me sertraline, an antidepressant. I am anxious regarding taking this but will start it tomorrow. Just wanted to ask has anyone been on this drug before?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Skipper

It's the same as Zoloft. While I've never taken it, I know some friends who have, and they've reported great success with it. I'd just watch out that you're not taking something else that would be contraindicative. Talk to your pharmacist for full details.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My 19 yr old is taking a very low dose right now for anxiety. She believes it is helping a lot, and I have noticed we've not had a major melt down in about 6 weeks.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Antidepressants work very differently for different individuals. I tried three before finding one that worked for me. Expect to feel a little electrified in the beginning -- not shaky but almost like your body is buzzing with a low hum. And if you don't feel a difference, don't be afraid to ask your doc to try something else.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for your replies. I've been on an older one called clomipramine before. A bit anxious about taking it but I have depression/anxiety at the moment so can get worried about everything at the moment! Just need a wee boost to feel a little better.