Notices

Extreme excessive sweating

Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Extreme excessive sweating

I'm coming off of almost 2 months oxy use of about 60 mg per day.
For some reason I get weird skin symptoms when I withdrawal. It's been about 14 hrs since my last dose and I'm experiencing EXTREME sweating and my skin is super sensitive to the temperature and it's kind of burning. Has anyone else sweated so bad during detox? I mean bad bad?? What can u do about it besides baths and showers? I've tried clonodine in the past but didn't really work. I've heard sage tea might help. Has anyone else tried it with good results?
Has anyone basically lived in the bath their entire withdrawal??

I don't know how much longer I can take this. It's a different type of pain. It makes it hard to do anything. Thank you
Old 07-22-2013, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can relate. I quit oxy's a couple years ago and went through the sweating. Also a load of other symptoms. And yes, I'd live in the bathtub basically. Went from hot to cold... restless legs at night.... stomach discomfort... anxiety... insomnia. 14 hours isn't very long. Be prepared for it to get worse for a few days, then level off and start to get better. 60mg for a few months will be hard, but it gets much much much worse the longer and more you do them.

The best thing to do is try to eat well, and get any exercise you can. It's hard. And avoid cheese. I learned that the hard way.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lazy, thank u for replying
To u and anyone else that reads this - about how long do the sweats last??
I came off Vicodin earlier this year and had the sweats for 16 days before I gave up and started using again. I hope it won't be that long again.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ugh! This cannot be normal to sweat this bad! I'm sweating thru everything!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wanabfree View Post
I'm coming off of almost 2 months oxy use of about 60 mg per day.
For some reason I get weird skin symptoms when I withdrawal. It's been about 14 hrs since my last dose and I'm experiencing EXTREME sweating and my skin is super sensitive to the temperature and it's kind of burning. Has anyone else sweated so bad during detox? I mean bad bad?? What can u do about it besides baths and showers? I've tried clonodine in the past but didn't really work. I've heard sage tea might help. Has anyone else tried it with good results?
Has anyone basically lived in the bath their entire withdrawal??

I don't know how much longer I can take this. It's a different type of pain. It makes it hard to do anything. Thank you
Oh yea. I ct 60mg of oxy use (with a few Norco tossed in for good measure) for 70 hours. Felt like I had a whole body sunburn. Not pleasant.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah like that but way worse than a sunburn. More like my skin is on fire. I don't know why I get such severe skin issues when I detox but it sucks.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

So how long do these sweats last on average?
Old 07-22-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wanabfree View Post
So how long do these sweats last on average?
Not sure. I threw in the towel at 70 hours and popped 15mg of my doc. I have spiraled since. I now have a legit rx'd script for suboxone. The ball is squarely in my court. I am thinking tomorrow will be h*ll day for me as I abstain for induction. This life we chose for ourself sucks to no end and I want out of it. So I really hope a short stint with sub to get me past the worst of oxy WD will do it.

Good luck to you and know there is someone in Texas that knows exactly what you are feeling.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, mike. I wish no one else had to go thru this but it does help knowing you're not alone. I'm thinking of going to the hospital to get some Clonodine. This is too damn hard!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We have a doc here that does the suboxone thing but it's too damn expensive. So not a choice for me.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Wannab,
Usually the sweets last about 4 or 5 days on average. Of course everyone is different. Withdrawals usually peak around the 3rd day and become less severe after the 4th day. Since you have been on for only 2 months it might not be that long. Hang in there, we are here with you.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

When a switched from percs to hydro in my first year there was a gap of 5 days til I could see my doc. I swear, the sweating was INSANE! I was at work at my desk just pouring. I finally had to get some small towels and put them under my arms:-) It stopped after a week but it sure showed me the power of oxy. It was one reason I asked to switch to Norco.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wannabe I soaked clothing for about 4-5 days. I hope you got over those sweats. Have to get that crap out of your system.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I hope so! I'm at 4 almost 5 days clean now. The clonidine patch helped a lot with the sweating once I finally got it. My b/p started to get a bit low so I took it off this morning and the sweating hasn't returned yet, thank goodness. So hopefully I'm over that part.