Notices

Where's the NA meeting?

Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mountain Laurel

Where's the NA meeting?

I live in a little town just east of Redding,CA up in the mountains. I came home from rehab / sober living after 60 days in Palm Springs. Unfortunately it took 3 months for my SDI to come through and in that time I almost lost it all. My car was repo'd, my house in foreclosure etc. Even through all of this I stayed clean and let things go to my Higher Power who took over. I am now back at work, with a new car (well not exactly new) and my house is all caught up. All the rest is not important at the moment.

My hardest part was trying to find a meeting in my town. Living in the drug capital county I didn't think it would be hard up here. Well guess what, there is not an NA meeting anywhere within 25 miles of Shingletown. There are about 3 AA meetings which I did attend but no NA meetings. And with no transportation even those were hard at first.

So since I am only in town 4 days a week for work I thought that I would try this as an alternative when I don't have the money to get to an NA meeting in Redding. I am getting information on starting my own meeting up here and hope that all will be well from there. I have 98 days today and I do have a great sponsor still from Palm Springs that I talk to everyday.

Thanks for Listening
Old 07-21-2013, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome wolfers, I bet there are many people in your area who are having the same difficulties finding an NA meeting.

I am so blessed. I live in Florida and there are 9 NA meetings a week within 10 minutes of my home so I have no excuse. I think it is awesome you are thinking of starting a group. Please do it. Just find a local church.

Get in touch with NA's Central office. This is one is southern california. But they will point you in the right direction. just go to any of your local churches and see if you can rent a room one night a week for a meeting. Rent is usually real cheap then start posting flyers everywhere. Ask central offices to include your meeting in their online meeting schedules.
It would be quite an adventure for you and definitely keep you clean in the process.

[email protected]

I hope you really do it! You could make a great impact on your community. Make a difference!
Old 07-21-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Wolfers

D