Notices

Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 7/12/13

Old 07-11-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Arrow Twenty-Four Hours A Day for 7/12/13

A.A. Thought For The Day

Today is ours. Let us live today as we believe God wants us to live. Each day will have a new pattern which we cannot foresee. But we can open each day with a quiet period in which we say a little prayer, asking God to help us through the day. Personal contact with God, as we understand Him, will from day to day bring us nearer to an understanding of His will for us. At the close of the day, we offer Him thanks for another day of sobriety. A full, constructive day has been lived and we are grateful. Am I asking God each day for strength and thanking Him each night?

Meditation For The Day

If you believe that God's grace has saved you, then you must believe that He is meaning to save you yet more and keep you in the way that you should go. Even human rescuers would not save you from drowning only to place you in other deep and dangerous waters. Rather, they would place you on dry land, there to restore you. God, who is your rescuer, would certainly do this and even more. God will complete the task He sets out to do. He will not throw you overboard, if you are depending on Him.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may trust God to keep me in the way. I pray that I may rely on Him not to let me go.

Hazelden Foundation PO Box 176 Center City, MN 55012
Old 07-11-2013, 09:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hippie Rock~n~Roller

~~~ Okay I am feeling the strong pull to do this now, so here goes.
It is not quite midnight here but I can NOT go to sleep this night without pledging, for the first time ever, that I will NOT drink for the next 24 hours. I have never EVER done this before and I am filled with trepidation and yet HOPE at the same time. I will do what I can to make this happen and I am filled with the over-whelming strength of the great people here that I can make this happen................ whew *** scared to death right now, but I do promise that I will try my best. Send me your wonderful thoughts of strength and love..... if you can. I thank you all for maybe believing in me and showing me the way. I am scared and full of apprehension right now...... but when am I not ???
Old 07-11-2013, 10:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Be Encouraged! We are with you. You can do it. We can do all things.

Thank you for being brave enough to admit that you feel scared, and at the same time are not a perfectionist who thinks they are above asking for help.

You're Awesome.

You're perfect and whole in every way.

Stay with us.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KittyH View Post
~~~ Okay I am feeling the strong pull to do this now, so here goes.
It is not quite midnight here but I can NOT go to sleep this night without pledging, for the first time ever, that I will NOT drink for the next 24 hours. I have never EVER done this before and I am filled with trepidation and yet HOPE at the same time. I will do what I can to make this happen and I am filled with the over-whelming strength of the great people here that I can make this happen................ whew *** scared to death right now, but I do promise that I will try my best. Send me your wonderful thoughts of strength and love..... if you can. I thank you all for maybe believing in me and showing me the way. I am scared and full of apprehension right now...... but when am I not ???
You can do it Kitty H!! When tempted today tell yourself, I'm not gonna get a drink until the dishes are done. When the dishes are done, delay getting a drink until the dog has been walked. Then it will be time for a drink after you call an old friend. By then you may have forgotten about the drink!! I'm saying take it one hour at a time. Another good suggestion is use candy, ice cream, etc instead. If you are a believer, get on your knees and pray for the compulsion to be removed.

Look up AA meetings in your area and visit one or two today. You will find all the support and hugs you need if you ask for it!!
Old 07-12-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Kitty,
It is scary to think of life without a drink. Drink was my crutch my reward for getting through the day. I really couldn't imagine how I would cope.

With the support of both AA and SR. I am sober for more than 2 years and I would never have imagined I could cope so well without alcohol.

Kitty I wish you all the best on this most important journey of your life. Keep reading and posting.

Love
CaiHong