Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

What are the first 5 proposals which are mentioned on page 75?

Notices

What are the first 5 proposals which are mentioned on page 75?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question What are the first 5 proposals which are mentioned on page 75?

In reading/doing the 5th step, the book states; pg. #75 "Carefully reading the first five proposals we ask if we have omitted anything, for we are building an arch through which we shall walk a free man at last." When they refer to the proposals are they referring to the spiritual principals which correspond to each of the first five steps? Ex: First Three="HOW=Honesty, Open-Mindedness, Willingness? If so, I still need to know what the other 2 proposals/principals are for steps 4 & 5? If you know the answer please respond because Ive come across a number of different answers to this question & Id really like to know what the correct answer is?

Last edited by Brooksee23; 07-11-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Add more detail
Old 07-11-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful

It's talking about the first 5 steps. It's time to reflect back on those steps and either honestly be able to say you have completed them to the best of your ability or go back and take care of anything you have omitted. They are telling you that we are building an arch and the foundation (steps 1-5) must be strong. The principal for Step 4 is courage and Step 5 is integrity. Are you working the steps with a sponsor? If not who did you do your 5th step with? If you didn't share it with another human being you haven't done the 5th Step. What you are talking about comes at the end of Step 5 after you have completed it.

When they say proposals I believe the book is talking about the steps themselves and not the principles. I'm not sure if this is the correct answer but it is what I have heard in step studies. Personally I am just starting my inventory so I have no practical experience.