Notices

Day 1

Old 07-10-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1

Hi. I have been on here a few times since my relapse in May. I was sober for about 6 years prior to that. Anyway, I continued drinking off and on for the past few months and yesterday I got trashed......I am so fortunate that I did not get a dui and that my husband did not realize I was drunk (how, I don't know). I have two small boys and my husband threatened to take theme away from me if I drank again. I just want to stay sober and be healthy for myself and my boys. I am also quitting smoking and am going to try jogging in the evenings.
I am looking forward to getting to know you guys. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and working on your recovery.

Jogging, any kind of exercise (especially outside) will be very helpful.

Have you been able to figure out why you've been drinking on and off for awhile, after being sober for 6 years. Six years is a long time.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome serenityforever! I agree with Anna, exercise helped me so much. Incorporating jogging into your routine is an excellent idea! Nice to meet you.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think lots of stress from work, family etc caused me to pick up that first drink again. The sad thing is....I forgot how much I liked to drink and when I had that one..it just led to more and more, but yesterday was the worst I have been. I now recognize that, yes in deed, I AM an alcoholic!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi. In my start to sobriety it was said that I had to do it for me and then other things will fall into place, so true. We need to remember that stopping drinking is just the start of the journey and much work on OURSELVES needs to be done to enjoy long term sobriety. A lot will reject looking for and fixing the reasons we drink and they will probably be victims of a miserable life in the long run. This forum is quite helpful and way back when there was no internet AA was there for millions of us as it is today. BE WELL
Old 07-10-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to a very supportive place.