Notices

Feeling the pull....

Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling the pull....

I am back at the hotel for my last night of vacation, and I am struggling again:-(. It has been extremely stressful since yesterday...first my daughter got sick and I had to take her to a walk in clinic where she was diagnosed with a throat infection. That was fine....antibiotics started and she is now better. Then I wound up in the emergency room:-(.

Will spare full details, but was bleeding after going to the bathroom....way more than I am comfortable with. That ended okay, and bleeding stopped (for now) and told to just follow up with my doctor when I got home. ER doc didn't think it was serious, but stuff lime that freaks me out and I go into anxiety central, which I have always dealt with via the bottle. Haven't drank, and hoping I don't.

I hate this, and I just want to be home:-(. I do NOT want to throw away 2 1/2 months sober!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Take a deep breath. In a health emergency, your first concern should be your health and maintaining it. And drinking isn't healthy.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
I do NOT want to throw away 2 1/2 months sober!
Then don't. Have a good cry, then breathe, take a walk and relax.

Life happens. Just because we are sober it does not go away and at times can seem a lot rougher. It gets better. The longer you are sober the easier it is to deal with. I know it does not seem that way right now.

Friday and Saturday I was crying and upset. I could not pin point why. I discovered there really was no why. My emotions were just raw and I needed to cry.

Let it out. It is going to be okay
Old 07-08-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can get thru this without drinking. Have some faith in yourself that you can do this.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all...think I am through it. Dressed and ready for dinner. Reading here the last hour has really helped!