Notices

New to the site & recovery – 1st. post

Old 06-30-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the site & recovery – 1st. post

Hello everyone, we are new to the site. I say we because both myself & my wife signed up last week. Quick back ground we both had back surgeries 12 years ago just months apart. We both have been addicted ever since. Once the pain was under control and we had no need for the Oxy & Norco to control it. It was all about getting high, then needed just to feel normal (I’m not sure what normal is anymore) Well now that we have blown thru our savings, most of our 401k and maxed out all of our credit cards. Not to mention my new Harley was just repossessed two weeks ago. Enough is enough and time for us to get off of this ****. So here we are hoping to get some advice as to whether trying cold turkey or something like a Suboxone program would be best for our situation? An inpatient detox program is not an option because I would definitely lose my job and all of our income. We are currently taking at a minimum 10ea. of the 30 op’s plus 15 to 20 Norco each of us each day. Sometimes we may take much more than that depending on finances and availability. So any guidance, help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh ,, please let us know if we post in the wrong threads or do anything else that is not respectful to the boards. I belong to many fantasy football and other message boards so should be able to find my way around but this is a first for my wife.
Our message board names are Yes I’m Ready & Yes I’m Ready Too
Our real names are Tom & Michelle
Old 06-30-2013, 06:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hello YesImReady's We're so glad to have you join us.

I'm sorry for what you've been through, and the terrible financial toll it's taken. I'm glad you've chosen to participate here - I think it'll really help you. (I have no experience with drugs, just alcohol.) We aren't permitted to give medical advice. Many here have been through a similar situation - you're not alone.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks and I'm sure many are where I'm at and have been thru much worst but for my wife and myself this is a new low for us and want to do everything possible to not allow it to get any worst than what it already is ,, I look forward to any and all suggestions we may get. It is a very scary place for us right now
Old 06-30-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We also have a Substance Abuse Forum (Under the "Drug Addiction" section). You may want to check that out, too. Again, we're glad you are here.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome YesImReady, coming to SR is a great start! I am also an Opiate addict, I quit C/T, I wanted to get over the w/ds as soon as possible. But not everyone is comfortable with that. Its all about you right now an what you feel is the best way for you
Old 06-30-2013, 07:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes CT is my first choice and I do have two weeks of vacation saved up but whatever route I decide on I will need to decide with my wife as we are doing this together. If I was sure that after two weeks I would be able to return to work without it being noticeable that would be ideal , I had spent a couple of weeks reading thru post before joining the site and was encouraged by many of the poster saying they were able to do CT ,, Of course many stated that they were doing 10 to 15 Norco a day. I honestly believe that if that was all I was doing I could also succeed. My addiction is much more than that though and therefore would have to believe that the length of my withdrawals would also be greater. I do not know that to be certain and that is one questions I joined to hopefully get answers to. Man I could go on for hours but now need to turn in for the night because I get up early AM for my work.
thanks for the reply though , very much appreciated